1.12th scale Porsche Turbo RSR

R

Radleigh.

Hi, new to the forum but thought i'd get a thread going on this. Been out of modelling for some time , so jumping into the deep end with it. Going to be detailling as much as possible, trying to put my real job into this model to which should help with the overal finish..

Will be set on a small diorama at the end if I feel it needs it. Hopefully get some interest on the forum, just had a quick look through and not seen one so far...

You can see in photos that the paintwork has started to bubble up, but thats because i'm using choreiform, but will amend it once all the chassis is together ready for paint.

Thanks for looking.

I started to do it blue, but a change of heart and its going another colour now! Unsure what. But I will be making it so its like a private race car..

Tamiya 1:12th scale Porsche Turbo RSR by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Front suspension , Tamiya 1:12 Porsche 934 Turbo by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Engine by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Chassis by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Under chassis by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

F

Fenlander

It will certainly be of interest Radleigh. Using Chloroform???? Doesn't that make you fall asleep lol??

T

treyzx10r

I'll be watching this eagerly, one of my favorite cages! Off to a nice start Radleigh

R

Radleigh.

Got big plans for it Trey, I have well over 100 photos saved for reference for weathering etc! Thanks for the interest.

T

treyzx10r

I know its a different body but this would be a cool scheme if you could make it work

R

Radleigh.

That is nice, Bit to much for what i'm planning. I want the car weathered as much as possible, engine, arches bumper etc.

Just gone through all my photos, got 136 saved for reference, Should do the trick.

Will be an update this week coming , up at the girlfriends at the moment.

B

Bunkerbarge

Not seen one of these for a while. Great body shape though and a lovely Tamiya detailed engine. The best thing about making a privateer is that you can do anything with it and no-one can say it's wrong!

R

Radleigh.

Thats a main reason why i'm doing it, its 'my model - my scheme' Although I want to try put alot more detail in around the engine, using photos to replicate it as close as possible.

Sorry theres no pics at the moment, Keep and eye and there will be an update soon

R

Radleigh.

My airbrush isn't playing ball at the moment. So on hold for a day or so, Need to sort something out. Typical when i'm off work.

Have been just rubbing back the mould lines off the tyres though, fun job! Engine is mocked up, will be modifying it so it looks like its being worked on, and will also be reshaping the inlet manifolds to look like the picture below. Deciding what to do for its case/diorama, I keep thinkingof a garage, or maybe outside on a pits like they have at hill climb events with a tent over it... thoughts?

R

Radleigh.

Small update, Been to busy with work at the moment! But i've got the base made up out of MDF, Will start on the plaster work soon for the base itself. Got 4 paints mixed up using several colours. Once I got them home from work i'll do another update with whats what, and of course - photos....