1/144 738

T

T. van Vuuren

The wingroots were fixed by bending the wings to propper angle and then loads of glue and cyno :smiling:

I made the winglets from some plastic sheet and by heating and forming to the correct shape, now I need to blend it to the wingtips.

Theuns

2FAST4gp

Looks good so far Theuns, maar I'm not much of a airplane model guy so I could be so wrong! Where in Jozi are you based? I want to get back into modelling again and need some advice on where you buying paints/materials/kits etc... Lekker dag verder

T

T. van Vuuren

Howzit....nee lekker!

I am in Roodepoort but work at Rand airport in Germiston....hence the damn long commute every day :sad: Rebuilding a few planes there.

I buy most of my stuff at either esswex in Northcliff or aviation shop randpark. Sometimes I use (in this case) MAV decals.

I would sugest you come visit us at the military meseum every last saturday of the month for the IMPS meeting. Great fun, no rivet counters ,loads to learn and I usuallu by models there aswell guys sell....at highly reduced prices :smiling:

Give me a call sometime

083 742 2928

Where you based?

T

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job on the winglets Theuns , great to see some civil stuff too , cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking nice and smooth Theuns , any pics of what its going to look like once its been 'Mangoed' ! cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WOW thats certainly eye catching Theuns!! its going to look amazing , cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

That is indeed "painfully orange" , to get the correct color is going to be hard.

T

T. van Vuuren

I only now see the spotty look of it, it must be the camera giving hassles.

I could not find the orange I liked so I used nail varnish from the local clothing store's bargain box, thinned with lacure thinners it worked well.

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice orange coat Theuns, the nail varnish worked nicely. It certainly is bright.