monica
ta Ron,looking at the pic still need to refine and work on them,
always scares me close up pics.:thinking:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well some more work on these ,not sure if I,m happy or not,I do think there looking not so bad :confused:
just some refining

when looking at the bigger pic,they just don,t look good ,to the eyes,maybe some think wrong with my eyes,lol,:flushed::face-with-thermometer:

Attachments

• 20180302_133542.jpg
    20180302_133542.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180302_133553.jpg
    20180302_133553.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180302_133708.jpg
    20180302_133708.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Steve,it just s matter of cutting in the refining what you have done,
but for me a close up scares me,as you see how meany mistakes your mad,:dizzy::face-with-thermometer:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Ian do appreciate you liking them so far ,never an easy think face,s :smiling:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Yes I know reading them or painting :smiling3:
so true each one is so,different and never the same,
as for paint what looks good to the eye is not so good with a camera or when paint is still wet :disappointed2:

R

RichardMo

Moni nice start to those figures . I think if you enjoy painting then keep doing it no matter if others like it or not. I lost the ability to paint due to several operations and almost gave up because I was not living up to my so called standards. a friends asked me if I missed it and I said yes. he said then paint who cares what it looks like. I did and so glad for it I have over come my disability and think I paint better now than ever before. So paint enjoy and remember if your happy with it that's all that matters.
RICK

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Moni nice start to those figures . I think if you enjoy painting then keep doing it no matter if others like it or not. I lost the ability to paint due to several operations and almost gave up because I was not living up to my so called standards. a friends asked me if I missed it and I said yes. he said then paint who cares what it looks like. I did and so glad for it I have over come my disability and think I paint better now than ever before. So paint enjoy and remember if your happy with it that's all that matters.
RICK
ta so very much for such kind words,Rick,and your so right with,what your saying as well,but being a human well I,think I,m one lol,
it dose bite into your soul ,so to say,and some times ,people need to think before saying it,
so very glad that you did get over it,and get back on the bristles,and do great work,good on you,and with the drive as well,your a better man than most,

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Not being a figure painter I have total admiration for anyone tackling them. I'll stick to 1/35 and smaller.
Mick

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Not being a figure painter I have total admiration for anyone tackling them. I'll stick to 1/35 and smaller.
Mick
ta,I do ,slow down on them,when I,eun into some think i,m not happy with will leave for a bit and go back too,
as I find ,I keep doing the same thing i ,don,t like,over,
ever 1/35 can still have its good and bad days ;lol,i find,

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
ta,I do ,slow down on them,when I,eun into some think i,m not happy with will leave for a bit and go back too,
as I find ,I keep doing the same thing i ,don,t like,over,
ever 1/35 can still have its good and bad days ;lol,i find,
28mm is much more forgiving :smiling2::smiling2:

Attachments

• 621152.jpg
    621152.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 782068.jpg
    782068.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Monica, don't worry about what people say, if you like what you're doing then carry on. The figures are looking great, good thing you cut back on the eyes and they're looking much better. Good of Steve Brodie to point it out and you learning from it.

I find smaller figures more forgiving just like Mick but I'd like to try one the same scale as yours Monica. I have the 1/16 Dragon Paratrooper.
Here are my modified monsters in 1/72...

CAT0067.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Glad you are back Mon I missed you and your great work take no notice of the other half just get down to it.and build more masterpieces :blow-kiss:.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
28mm is much more forgiving :smiling2::smiling2:
nice work,they look good,Mick,a mate of my dose a lot of altering to 28 mm ,and turns out well,

Monica, don't worry about what people say, if you like what you're doing then carry on. The figures are looking great, good thing you cut back on the eyes and they're looking much better. Good of Steve Brodie to point it out and you learning from it.

I find smaller figures more forgiving just like Mick but I'd like to try one the same scale as yours Monica. I have the 1/16 Dragon Paratrooper.
Here are my modified monsters in 1/72...

View attachment 299656

Cheers,
Richard
wow,Richard ,I ever have trouble getting paint to stick,to them,if the plastic ones,that's some
great work ,your done, looking good,

Glad you are back Mon I missed you and your great work take no notice of the other half just get down to it.and build more masterpieces :blow-kiss:.
thank you so much,Barry, It,s nice to be back,I have missed it,and with guys like you liking my work,how can I,say away lol,

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Monica
I always take my hat off to any one who does figure work. I can do nearly all of a figure but faces, so very well done indeed
Steve

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Monica
I always take my hat off to any one who does figure work. I can do nearly all of a figure but faces, so very well done indeed
Steve
ta,Steve,It is the hardest part I,find at times,someday you ,sit down and its done,and your .happy with it,
theses guys,just cannot seam to get it right to my eye,s and lol,there strange ones,so I,have left them a bit and ,
just about to come ,back to them,:confused:

D

Deleted member 6559

They look alright to me Monica. Anyway, it's all about having fun and and not worrying about what people may think.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
They look alright to me Monica. Anyway, it's all about having fun and and not worrying about what people may think.
such true words ,Peter,so glad your liking them,ta,:smiling: