1/16 German Stormtrooper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ooo thats a treat for the eyes Peter.Very nicely done my friend.Looking good.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Oh dear, sorry Richard, I've binned it.

There were a number of problems that made me fall out of love with this one. Firstly, despite four coats of matt varnish the jacket was still very shiny and the only solution would have been to strip it down and repaint it. Given the delicate nature of the plastic and the fact that the belt would probably need to be remade, I felt it wasn't really an option.

Secondly, you may have noticed that I've tried to hide the feet in the foliage. The boots were pretty badly disfigured by mould lines, and although I made new laces, my efforts weren't really up to scratch and they ended up looking terrible. I tried to swap them for somthing from the spares box, but nothing really fitted.

Thirdly, and I suppose overall, I just didn't think the sculpt was good enough, and given that the face was covered, it needed to have a lot more going for it. I also hated the weathering I'd done - didn't really work.

Not a total disaster, as I still have all of the equipment, ready to have another go at some point.

I'm going to have a go out some more busts I think.....

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

I have to agree with you about Herman, he really wasn't coming together as a conduit for your undoubted painting skills and style.

Its a good decision, and another bust will get you back on track.

Have a good day with the paints.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you could see it too Steve. Not wasted time though - we always live and learn.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
When you say you have binned it - do you actually throw it all away or do you keep it for spares, later projects etc??