1/24 airfix mosquito, good kit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been looking at some pictures of finished models of this kit, it looks amazing is it a good kit or is it down to the skills of the modeller that the pics look so good.
Seems a very cheap kit for what you get, I've seen it for 90 quid (how much could you do it for john)
I know I can't normally build a decent plane but I'm enjoying the vampire so much at the moment(apart from the masking accident) I'm thinking this may be my next aircraft project.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Having read quite a few reviews of this model when it was ''re-issued'' i note almost all people stating the undercarriage is weak , and they replaced with metal undercarriage. e.g. SAC24002 @ approx £22.00
Replacement wheels by Barracuda Studios . BCR24281 @ £15.99
Also some stating they replaced bomb bay doors as they felt they were not as good as they could be.
and "the drop tanks in the kit are a very peculiar size and shape, they are way too big to be 50 gal drop tanks but also too small to be 100 gal drop tanks."

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Hi all been looking at some pictures of finished models of this kit, it looks amazing is it a good kit or is it down to the skills of the modeller that the pics look so good.
Seems a very cheap kit for what you get, I've seen it for 90 quid (how much could you do it for john)
I know I can't normally build a decent plane but I'm enjoying the vampire so much at the moment(apart from the masking accident) I'm thinking this may be my next aircraft project.
If you go to page three of aircraft under construction at the very top you will find my build log and I didn't find any thing really to grumble about if fact I found it one of their better 1\24 kits.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Because I couldn’t find it due to replies that moved the thread to page 1, here's a link for anyone else who might be interested :smiling3: