1/24 Hawker Fury

J

Jim Barry

Hello all,
Refugee from Military Modelling here. Thanks for the new home. This is my 1/24 scratch built Hawker Fury I finished last Sept. It was my first at this scale and magnitude (7 months ~400 hours). It's a wild mix of Magic Sculpt, plastic card, wood, aluminum sheet, aluminum tape and insanity. Of note here the photo is taken at Brunswick Naval Air Station in Maine, USA. This is where British pilots trained to fly Corsairs during WW2 (Safe place to train, I guess).

I'm more active at Large Scale Planes, but am trying this site out too and keeping tabs on my mil mod buddies. Currently working on a 1/24 Bearcat and it's well on its way to completion this summer.

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8685.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Jim. I hate to be critical, but I think you got the wrong idea about our forum. You're supposed to show pictures of the kits you've built, not the real thing.

Don't let it upset you though; Ron (spanner570) has made the same mistake several times and we still forgive him!

J

Jim Barry

Dave, Thanks. That's the kind of criticism I like! I thought you were going to get me on the lack of nifty turnbuckles, how the gunsight is suspiciously like the flap controls of a 1/48th scale Bf-109 and how the tires are clearly lifted from a toy Harley Davidson Motorcycle. Whew!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jim
Great to see you have come on board. Looking forward to seeing some more of your scratchery magic
Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Outstanding work jim! The fury looks superb , and Im a big fan of scratchbuilding and love the challenge of trying to create something from scratch. Looking forward to the bearcat, cheers tony