1/24 Renault 5 turbo (marlboro rally and road car)

D

dougie

Very soon I will begin to build these up... For the moment I have just sanded the worst of the paint off the rally car body which was an eBay started kit. The road car is brand new. The sanded paint is not pictured.

View media item 8642

I won't let anyone drop these haha, and maybe, just maybe I can make them without a big paint cock up.

Last edited:
D

dubster72

I'd like to be able to see the attachment, but I don't have permission :sad:

Love the 5 Turbo, I owned one back in the day. Lots of high-speed fun for very little money :D

D

dougie

\ said:
I'd like to be able to see the attachment, but I don't have permission :sad:
Love the 5 Turbo, I owned one back in the day. Lots of high-speed fun for very little money :D
That's odd, it's not even an attachment, it's on the actual forums gallery. I'll go check, maybe I messed up the permission.

Your a lucky sod having had one mate

D

dubster72

\ said:
That's odd, it's not even an attachment, it's on the actual forums gallery. I'll go check, maybe I messed up the permission.
Your a lucky sod having had one mate
Well you should have seen the state of it after I foolishly allowed a mate to take it round the block :sad: complete right-off after he tried going over a foot-high curb... I cried (in a manly way of course!)

D

dougie

\ said:
Well you should have seen the state of it after I foolishly allowed a mate to take it round the block :sad: complete right-off after he tried going over a foot-high curb... I cried (in a manly way of course!)
That's a real pain, what the hell was he doing!

Also I should have fixed that picture problem

D

dubster72

Yep the picture works now :smiling3:

Aah suffice to say, he was impatient at a set of lights, tried to mount the curb to get past a line of cars & hit the curb of a corner. That impact ripped out the nearside wheel, took the engine off its mounts & twisted the chassis! Fair play to my mate, he coughed up the dough which allowed me to get my Integrale - now that was a CAR!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Ahhhhhh, I remember...................! The garage in town has a red road version on the window when I was in my early teens. "eyes mist up.......":rolleyes: ;)

What brand of paint are you using, "Zero Colours"?

D

dougie

\ said:
Yep the picture works now :smiling3:
Aah suffice to say, he was impatient at a set of lights, tried to mount the curb to get past a line of cars & hit the curb of a corner. That impact ripped out the nearside wheel, took the engine off its mounts & twisted the chassis! Fair play to my mate, he coughed up the dough which allowed me to get my Integrale - now that was a CAR!
Integrale is like a dream car lol

\ said:
Ahhhhhh, I remember...................! The garage in town has a red road version on the window when I was in my early teens. "eyes mist up.......":rolleyes: ;)
What brand of paint are you using, "Zero Colours"?
Yep, zero paints for primer, base and clear. Only 1k clear though. Spraying lacquer or non oil based paints is bad enough without adding isocyanates into the equation.

Did you never buy the red Road one then :'(

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
Did you never buy the red Road one then :'(
Didn't have enough pocket money..... :sad:

First Name
Marc
Will be following this one. Been itching to get back on the modeling but work has been ridiculously busy

D

dougie

\ said:
Will be following this one. Been itching to get back on the modeling but work has been ridiculously busy
I'm the same mate, such is life. Hardly had the chance to drop by here.

D

dougie

\ said:
Do you have anything going at the moment?

First Name
Marc
I have started the aston martin build but work been too busy and I am waiting to order paints

D

dougie

Haha, funny you should ask... I have just looked at it earlier today thanks. I have sanded the body with 4000 micromesh, removing flash lines and smoothing the primer, drilled out the fog lights and filled them with milliput so that I can have yellow lenses as they were just blocks of plastic. I don't think I want to go to the effort of removing the number plate block though. Not 100% sure.

I have been building some forecourt islands for a 1/24 petrol station I'm working on with a fellow modeler and I have an open source wheel on the go at the moment for the pc built from parts without the correct tools lol. That coupled with being busy at work has really limited my time to do anything haha

Thanks for asking, I'll add a couple of pictures mate

D

dougie

\ said:
Any ideas on progress dougie?
As above and below. The milliput is curing on the front so still needs sanded, the stuff on the doors looks bad but is actually smooth. I hope to get a coat of primer on maybe Wednesday evening and a fit check after that.

The other parts are all primed and some have gloss black on ready for chrome etc... But they are in the shed so I can't get pics atm.

View media item 8677View media item 8676View media item 8675