1/24 Renault 5 turbo (marlboro rally and road car)

D

dougie

Cheers, long way to go but I have so little time at the moment, I've tried to at least keep up with the cars built on here and scale plastic cars though!

Thanks for popping by

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Time.........who has it at the mo??:confused:

Till next time......

First Name
Marc
\ said:
Cheers, long way to go but I have so little time at the moment, I've tried to at least keep up with the cars built on here and scale plastic cars though!
Thanks for popping by
I know its frustrating isnt it. I haven't been back on the aston all week just got the rear brakes to do and interior.

D

dougie

\ said:
I know its frustrating isnt it. I haven't been back on the aston all week just got the rear brakes to do and interior.
Aye, a couple of tiny bits and you still can't get it done, drives you mad I'll bet! I planned to get the last filling done this weekend but it's not looking good and I'll be busy worth work for a couple of weeks as of Tuesday!

D

dougie

\ said:
I do like the flocking you have done to the inside:smiling3:.
Cheers, it's a tad patchy under certain light directions but once inside it will look fine. Maybe I'll put the glue on thicker next time... it just seems to depend where the light hits the flocking so for 90% of the time it looks fine.

D

dougie

\ said:
Flocking excellent Dougie! The rim looks ace too
LOL, cheers mate. Hard to photograph the chrome rims and they are bloomin hard to airbrush right with alclad... coloured bits to follow later

D

dubster72

Very smooth & shiny Dougie! :smiling3:

That's why I don't build cars, even though I'm a confirmed petrolhead - I can never get a finish like that.

D

dougie

\ said:
Very smooth & shiny Dougie! :smiling3:
That's why I don't build cars, even though I'm a confirmed petrolhead - I can never get a finish like that.
Mate if I can do it anyone can! It is possible with and airbrush but... a mini spray gun really really helps. You can keep a full wet coat on the whole body as you spray with minimal over spray.

I guess if I used 2k clear I'd get less orange peel but I'm not risking my health more than I do with these paints for a model car!

Cheers for the compliment

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Ooooh, revving my motor!! ;)

Looking very good!:cool::cool:

D

dougie

Cheers guys. It looks pretty good. A couple of minor blemished but so far my best body to date. Just need to make the window surrounds semi gloss black and she is done well the body is...