1/24 spitfire MK1A

M

mobear

well its now 2013 and I`m thinking of doing a cutaway,maybe not as detailed as the one ive seen,however it does look fascinating so i shall be giving this a serious shot heres a pic of colour scheme and whats in the box View attachment 55608View attachment 55609View attachment 55610View attachment 55611 as you can see the fuse is marked out for the cutting just awaiting razor saw.All and any help with this venture will be greatly received,also have other planes to get on with if i need a break.:smile5:

mobear

View attachment 57751

View attachment 57752

View attachment 57753

View attachment 57754

DSCF00031.jpg

DSCF00041.jpg

DSCF00061.jpg

DSCF00071.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sounds like a great project ole, i'll be watching with interest! The good thing about doing something like this with a spitfire is that theres loads of pics on the web of spits being restored so there shouldnt be any problem getting images of the areas you need to fabricate . cheers tony

M

mobear

thats what kind of inspired me,plus the fact the kit is quite sparce and deserves to be bashed a bit lol

mobear

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looking forward to seeing this one develop Ole

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
1:24, mmm the possibilities are endless. You can keep going forever just adding bits and pieces. Go for it !!

C

CDW

\ said:
just recieved my razor saws today,
Scotland is now on full alert :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Keep us up to date on this, looking forward to see what you do with it.....

B

backonthecase

Least it wasnt a set of axes, "razor saw madman" doesn't really have the same ring to it! lol

This should be good! Got a couple haggis rolls an' a bottle o' bru ready

Stuart

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking forward to this one Ole. Can't wait to see what you make of your Spit. Crack on sir.

Tony.

P

Polux

Good luck with it Ole, will watch this one with interest ("love to see the big planes").

Have fun

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh I'm going to watch this one.

I think I have seen your inspiration Ole.

Good luck and dont forget to post loads of photos.

Ian M

M

mobear

thnx peeps,Ian the one i seen took 3yrs to build though the detail was way over the top,and pics will be posted once the cutting starts.one question i need an answer for,can you get platic card made of the same material the models are made of?just because I am way too lazy with the change of glues lol

mobear

C

CDW

Save all your girls yougart pots Ole, they have very similar properties to the model and they stick with any of the cements.

There's about three thicknesses in the make-up of the pots which will come in handy for you.

If you eat those dreaded pot-noodles then you can use those too, just be a bit easy with the glue for these as they distort and warp quite easily.

Get cuttin' mate :smiling3:

C

CDW

good god man .... you've killed it ;)

seriously though it looks a good start and there's plenty of areas to detail and keep you busy mate