1/24 Tamiya Ducati Desmosedici Completed

F

Fenlander

Finally finished the Ducati and I have to say, I have really enjoyed it. I don't think I have ever spent so much time spraying so many tiny engine details only to cover them up with the fairing..... However, that is the nature of the beast I suppose. I know it can be displayed without part or all of the fairing but to be hones, once in the cupboard it isn't coming out.

Paints used, mainly Tamiya as per callouts. Other than the Marlboro decals which this kit needs but Tamiya do not supply due to anti smoking advertising legislation, it is straight from the box.

Hope you enjoyed the build and I will leave you with some snaps of the completed bike.

Ducati-8.jpg

Ducati-7.jpg

Ducati-6.jpg

Ducati-5.jpg

Ducati-4.jpg

Ducati-3.jpg

Ducati-2.jpg

Ducati-1.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Sweet!!:cool::cool:

That PE stand looks great!:D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,Graham,looks super very well done,;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is even better, that I could not tell the difference!!:eek::cool:

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
are you going to turn this into a dio graham or just leave it as is.

F

Fenlander

are you going to turn this into a dio graham or just leave it as is.

No, it is as it is. To be honest, I have given up on dioramas and such. Never been any good at it, I have tried, but I don't have the imagination to create anything. I think that's why I took up photography because I didn't have the imagination to draw or paint anything. I am a lot happier just building models for the fun of it and that will mainly be OOB. I was going to say none military too but I have two military motorbikes and a battleship to do :rolleyes:

R

Rik101

You should place it in front of a photo of a race track. No one would believe that it is a model!;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very very nice.
Super paint job and ................ Its just great

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's stunning Graham! You must be happy with the way this turned out, it looks gorgeous. Well done!

Cheers
Paul

F

Fenlander

Thanks for the great comments guys. This is a build I have put off for a long time simply because I didn't have the patience to do all the detail. Last year my whole attitude to modelling, and a few other things, has changed very much for the better. I no longer try to hit deadlines, please others, get the latest 'must have kit' that everyone else is building. Now, I just think along the lines of 'ooooo, like that' and then just do it. My other hobby, photography, has had a similar make over and just by changing my mind, things have started to improve.

Biggest tip I can give to anyone new to modelling is to 'Do what YOU want the way YOU want to do it'. Admire other people's work, learn from them and apply tose lessons to what YOU do. Do not wast time and money try to emulate others, be yourself and enjoy it for yourself.

B

Builder

Biggest tip I can give to anyone new to modelling is to 'Do what YOU want the way YOU want to do it'. Admire other people's work, learn from them and apply tose lessons to what YOU do. Do not wast time and money try to emulate others, be yourself and enjoy it for yourself.

Superb finish Graham. One of the best Bike kits I have seen.
Also agree 100% with your modelling philosophy, I am tired of getting bogged down by ... this chamo scheme never existed or in real life the actual thing would never look like this or that... build kits the way you want