1/24 Tamiya - Porsche Boxster

Hello everyone.

Something different from me again. Found this kit on a car boot sale and bought it for couple quid. Now finally decided to build it.

It's a nice easy kit to assemble. The harder part starts when it comes to painting it. I had couple ideas for it but decided to make it chrome finished. Everything was smooth and great:

IMAG0176.jpg

Of course I have used Alclad2 chrome, and finally after few tries I was really happy with the effect as you can see. Unfortunately I wasn't happy with the gloss level and decided to go for some clear laquer from halfords. Decided to use Enamel Spray Paint, blue can. Tested it on some old plastic parts and it was just perfect. But when I sprayed Porsche with it.. Well, all the magic that comes with Alclad disappeared leaving the model with a high glossy graphite metallic finish:sad: Still not too bad, but not what I wanted to achieve. I guess I should first spray it with some Pledge to secure alclad with acrylic and then use enamel laquer. I couldn't wash it off, as it was quite a thick layer and it will probably ruin the whole model.

Anyways it still looks suprisingly good:smiling3: It's more glossy then it appears on pictures (well, on some you can see it).

I had a lot of problems with decals. The kit was 17 years old and It took 2-3 minutes in the water before decals were moving on the decal sheet. Then they were really fragile and even with a soft brush they were falling apart. Lucky enough I have a lot of Set and sol, that helped.

Inside on one of the pictures you can see carpets made with a grass flock, then painted red. I think it does the trick and imitate the carpets quite well.

No more talking.

Enjoy!

DSC_5437.jpg

DSC_5439.jpg

DSC_5441.jpg

DSC_5443.jpg

DSC_5444.jpg

DSC_5445.jpg

DSC_5446.jpg

DSC_5448.jpg

DSC_5449.jpg

DSC_5450.jpg

DSC_5452.jpg

DSC_5453.jpg

DSC_5454.jpg

DSC_5457.jpg

DSC_5459.jpg

DSC_5460.jpg

DSC_5461.jpg

DSC_5467.jpg

DSC_5468.jpg

Thanks!

Bart.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

Nice one Bart! I think the graphite colour is more like actual Boxters than the Alclad finish.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Very nice looks a peach to me and a great change from red

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nice work, specially the interior

got one of these in the stash somewhere, heard it goes together nicely

P

Polux

Yeah! That's a nice Boxster ;)

Very clean work!

Cheers

PS: excellent photos :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Stunnning. Superb finish Bart. Absolutely cracking job.

D

dougie

Very nicely done. Looks brilliant and the pics are great too

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nicely done!:cool:

Would the Alclad Aqua gloss not have done the trick?o_O

Nicely done!:cool:

Would the Alclad Aqua gloss not have done the trick?o_O

Maybe, but haven't had this in my stash.. I know Alclad2 is a bit demanding paint, but wouldn't never thought that it will end up like this..

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice clean,build,very well done,;)