1/24 Trucks

P

philgashead

I want to do 1/24 trucks European ones what are the best ones around

F

Fenlander

Often it will come down to who makes the truck you want to model. Most of the 1/24 trucks on the market now are pretty good models with loads of potential for scratch building or just tweaking up a bit. Even good old Italeri make some good kits.

S

Stevekir

Consider getting one with three axles on the tractor unit. They look more impressive (to me). With lots of chrome.Three axles are quite commonin the UK but very scarce in Germany, which is odd because their's is a bigger country.

B

Bari

Steve, I think the number of axles has to do with the weight allowed per axle, I think its lower in the UK than on the continent which is why most continental tractor units are two axles there and three here. My son drives a large DAF truck which has three axles but the same truck over there only has two. Unfortunatly most of the Revell and Italeri trucks are modelled on the continental ones and are also left hand drive. I was looking at doing my sons truck but to buy the resin conversion kit to change it to a UK right hand drive and three axles would cost more than double the actual Revell kit.