1/24 trumpeter FW 190 D9

C

Caledonia

Scott, Wow it only gets better, I have my 5 Stars on standby already. Must be really satisfying to make this kit. Cheers Derek

N

noble

Hi Derek this is slow going but yes it is very satisfying ive had to do some major surgery to the fuselage because the kit dosent allow you the opportunity to open up the engine cowlings to view the engine so a bit of cutting had to be done.... nerve racking i'll tell you considering the kit cost £70.00, thanks for viewing more in a day or so.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow that looks great!

Cant understand why they would make a kit in that scale with so much detail in the engine then not have a cowl that can be open? Weird!

Keep at it Scott

Ian M

N

noble

Cheers i have moved on a little and will post the pic this afternoon.

scott

N

noble

Dora build

Hi guys ok for those following this thread i have managed to do a little more, first as stated there was no way to be able to show the engine off so i have had to do so surgery by cutting away the front engine cowlings. I can tell you i was sweating and my hands were shaking here because if this got messed up i'd be putting it in the bin.

After i cut away the cowlings i mounted the cockpit and the engine into the fuselage, and i have to say this kit is fitting together nicely so far, i then set to on the wing guns and the inner wheel well area which was attach to the inner wing the landing struts were also partly assembled, these will have springs inside them so the struts will move. The next stage will be the control surfaces and the wing and the surgically altering the cowilngs to an open position but thats to come later hope your enjoying the build more soon.

scott

View attachment 25179

View attachment 25180

View attachment 25181

View attachment 25182

View attachment 25183

cockpit.jpg

wings and landing gear struts.jpg

wings and wheel wells.jpg

fuselage guns and cowlings.jpg

fuselage.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Anymore progress with this Scott? Reason i'm asking is i have a chance to buy one lol

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scott (sorry I missed this) excellent work on the Dora engine and cockpit. This is going to be one stunning looking bird when finished!

All the best

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Scott that is truly looking awesome!That engine work is spot on great job

S

sprayman

Fab work on this big bird, the engine on show is a must,brilliant.