1/32 2nd WW Aircarft

B

Benhur

Hi I am new here and looking for a WW2 1/32 aircraft which is easy to build. I really don't want to build a complicated engine which wont be seen. Any suggestions appreciated.

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi welcome.

As far as I know they all come with exelent engine and other detail. I have had the SE5 a in my collection for 2 years now and have not even taken it out the plastic yet....it is just too nice !

If you want simplicity I would think the Fokker D-7 is the easiest as there is basically no wing rigging to do.

Theuns

B

Bunkerbarge

As with everything it depends on what you want to pay, balanced against your skill levels and what you want to produce. Some of the best currently are the new range of Tamiya fighters but you could be paying around 100 pounds for one and they contain a lot of detail you obviously do not want. There are some older mouldings of there of Revel Spitfires which are significantly cheaper but will be that bit more of a challenge to put together as they are old.

If I were you I would put 1/32 into an eBay search of "Model kits" , select aircraft and have a look through. You will see nearly 3000 at the moment so plenty to have a look through. If you see something you fancy then ask if anyone here has any knowledge of it.

T

T. van Vuuren

I have to learn to read better!

I read Wing nut wings 1/32 LOL

I also have the tamiya 1/32 P51 Mustprang in the stash and I have seen many of them built up very well. It seems like an easy model to get good results with .

Theuns

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi there

The new tool Revell Spitfire Mk II gets a thumbs up from me and is good value option. The kit itself can be picked up for £20 or so. If you're like me you can add more detail in the form of aftermarket parts but it does build up into a great model out of the box. It's also simple in construction.

This is the result of my recent build.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/battle-of-britain-part-3-spitfire-mk1.30805/

but you should also seek out Stona's (Steve) build of this kit too.

There are so many good 1/32 kits out there that my list would be pages long. I think you need to narrow the field down a bit. For instance we don't know if it's a prop or jet aircraft you're after

Cheers

P

B

Benhur

Many thanks for your replies. I did build a Tamiya Spitfire which is both expensive and has a detailed engine which I did not have on show when the kit was finished. Also a lot of other moving parts which I did not really need. A good kit but I was looking for something similar without the need to build the engine etc. I think Revell have a cheap Spitfire but I expect not a great fit although I dont mind some filling etc.

Nice to be part of a group like this and thanks again for replies.

C

CharleyGnarlyP290

I would suggest some of the newer 1/32 Revell kits: Bf-109 G-10; Bf-109 G-6; FW-190; Spitfire. Great detail and great buildability for a great price.

I am building the Bf-109 G-10 and there is no engine to worry about and the detail and fit so far is excellent.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think Revell have a cheap Spitfire but I expect not a great fit although I dont mind some filling etc
The Revell Spitfire I mentioned is the new tool Spitfire and builds very nicely, as do their new 109g-6, g-10.

Don't be fooled by their low price these are very good base kits.

Hope you find the right kit.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As above, the new Revell kits build up nicely. I would definitely steer clear of the older kits unless you want a challenge.

As for hidden detail, it is usually possible to build enough of an engine to fits propellers exhausts etc without completing the entire assembly if it won't be displayed and you don't fancy building the entire thing. I've done this myself. Some kits can't be built 'closed up' with the entire engine assembly also built. Some of the Eduard kits fall into this category. it is of course up to you what you choose to do but there's a good chance someone here may already have built your kit and be able to give some hopefully constructive pointers.

Cheers

Steve