1/32 ME 163

First Name
Robert

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks rather cool Robert, in fact I am always impressed by anyone who can do wingy-things but you have nailed it. The splodges are raised a bit too much, but the overall look is great.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
That looks rather cool Robert, in fact I am always impressed by anyone who can do wingy-things but you have nailed it. The splodges are raised a bit too much, but the overall look is great.
Thanks Si ( I was tiring ro emulate the camo but never went for a stencil so made my own, but that didn't work. So I tried the cut brush tech but think I may have had too much loaded in the brush ( my A/b was in dire need of a replacement) so it was ( brush painted ) Alan will like that :smiling3: but it was a leaning curve in camo

Always glad to get comments from you

Cheers

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

dubster72

Can we see better photos Robert? I kinda feel you're not giving the model a decent chance without showing it off in it's best light.

Get a plain backdrop of some thick paper & decent lighting, it really makes a difference mate ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
From what I can see it's a great effort Robert but like Patrick says it would benefit from some better lit pictures

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Can we see better photos Robert? I kinda feel you're not giving the model a decent chance without showing it off in it's best light.
Get a plain backdrop of some thick paper & decent lighting, it really makes a difference mate ;)
Will do thanks for input

Cheers

Robert

D

Deleted member 4203

Looks great Robert :smiling3: I haven't seen many of these made :smiling3: :D

L

Laurie

I think Robert that you are not showing your model off in the best way.

Not sure of the model colour. Think that a very light fawn or grey card as a back

ground (which ever is more appropriate) would do your model justice.

I do think your framing and distance from the subject is spot on and gives

a dramatic appeal to the subject which is menacing.

Looks very good indeed but with the right background the detail will emerge.

Just looks messy which is unfortunate. Not a criticism in any way of the model. :smiling3:

Laurie

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
I agree with Laurie here Robert, I think we need some nicer shots please.

I'm not a fan of the 163 to be honest although I do have one in the pipeline.

It looks decent but let's have some nicer photos please!

Cheers

Phil

First Name
Robert
Thanks for all the positive comments ( Yes the picture taking is not my forte but I have a free afternoon next week and will get some more flattering pics.

Then the true comments can begin.

Cheers

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looks pretty god to me Robert........ Glad I am not alone on taking questionable photos :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like that rob it's different and I don't think you've done a bad job on that at all

You've done the right thing with the mottled camo by the look of it , I take it you dabbed it on with an old brush

I have done this and if you want some advice on it I'll only be to happy to help as it would be good to show the photos to a company it :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

I think the important thing to remember Robert is that you build models for your own benefit, not other people's. It is nice to receive positive comments and even get some constructive guidance but at the end of the day the only important thing is whether you like it or not. Everyone's ability is different and everyone should be proud and pleased with what they have achieved as they strive to build something that bit better next time. Anyone who can say that have built the perfect model must be bored with the hobby!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Looks great Robert,I do like these strange looking German jets well done on the camo as well, ;)