1/32 Trumpeter P-40b

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is my Trump P-40b tommahawk mk2 I am doing in 5 sqn SAAF North Africa colors.

So far it has good detail, I just added the throttle and mixture control rods as well as a wire harnass to the electric box.

The kit's PE harnass detail was missing so I raided my other models for a set.

I will not go mad with the weathering on this, just some scuffing on the rudder pedals and infront of the padals as well as the seat bottom and back where the chute would rest.

I also got a nice set of decals from the Chec rep for a SAAF plane.

Theuns

View attachment 77487

View attachment 77488

View attachment 77489

View attachment 77490

models 138.jpg

models 010.jpg

models 011.jpg

models 012.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads.

I have assembled the "avgas convertor" and just need to figure out a good way to paint the exhaust stubs......any sugestions???

Theuns

View attachment 77581

models 015.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work Theuns on the cockpit and engine

Cheers

Paul

W

Willi262

Why do they do that to us?

Why do they design model kits to include some awesome details (engine block, cockpit), but then have us button it all up, sealing it inside?

Sometimes I don't glue certain parts together or I try to make a hinge system, but usually, the glue comes out, the parts go on, and that is that.

Lookin good so far!

T

T. van Vuuren

I call it "modling for God" LOL

In this case the whole top section of the cowl is loose, so I will see how that pans out to show some detail. The only problem is that the best detail is the bottom where the air intakes are.

On my 1/32 Tamiya P-51 the whole nose section consists of loose pannels that show off the beautifull Merlin :-D

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking good Theuns. Your engine looks good, a bit of a shame that most of it is hidden.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A P40 in this scale. Looking forward to seeing this one develop.

T

T. van Vuuren

I am basically ready to start painting , Will have to see how that pans out.....

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Hi folks.

I have basically completed the painting and although I had the gloss coat for dacals as smooth as glass they still silvered a bit. Ah well so be it :sad:

The paint is all enamels, humbrol and modelmaster. The asure is my own mix and now with the flat coat on it looks more like the pix I have seen.

I need to button everything upnow, re-paint the exhausts and finnish off the undercart.

Theuns

View attachment 79609

View attachment 79610

View attachment 79611

models 151.jpg

models 146.jpg

models 149.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great, as the lads have said same about the cockpit and engine, not being seen,

nice job on the camo

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good Theuns, shame the engine is never going to be seen again. cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great. I like the paint work lots.