1/32 UH-72A Lakota Revell

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Not something I've done a lot of but I've just started, well when I say started I took everything out of the box, the 1/32 UH-72A Lakota from Revell.

I won't bother with sprue and box shots of my own, here's some I stole earlier :smiling3:

04927_Lakota.jpg 04927_UH_72_A_Lakota.jpg
It looks a nice kit and not too small and fiddly either, this isn't going to be the fastest build on here or the best, but I will try :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one John not seen one of these before...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice John,will you be doing that camo scheme :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will look forward to seeing this one,and that camo is very nice,wish you luck with it,:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Typical isn't it? Builds a model every ten years and starts of with knicking Revells pictures instead of shooting his own. What we going to do with you mate? ;)

Only joking :D Really looking forward to following one of your builds.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks a nice helicopter in those colours John, I will watch thus how ever long it takes John if you don't mind.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Look forward to seeing this build John. I see Revell have 'modernised' their boxes and instruction sheets. Looks like one of those 'new gen' boxings?

T

T. van Vuuren

Damn now that is a nice colour scheme!
I am tuned in

Theuns

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Look forward to seeing this build John. I see Revell have 'modernised' their boxes and instruction sheets. Looks like one of those 'new gen' boxings?

They have, and the full colour glossy instructions are a vast improvement on the old photocopy style books they used to have.

IMG_0779.JPG

But on the downside they have stopped lettering the sprue's, it might not be a big thing but if you are looking for C4 you can at least narrow it down to one sprue, but looking for just 4 is a bit of a pain and it can take ages to find small pieces.

I made a start today, the wife wants to go shopping or something interesting like that this afternoon so will do a bit more later.

IMG_0780.JPG

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Oops just noticed I put the joystick things on back to front, better change it before I go out.

F

Fenlander

I know what you mean re sprueID. The Italeri bike I am currently working on neither has sprue letters or part numbers on the sprue. So, if you need part A27 you have to go to the front of the instructions, find the sprue map, work out which is sprue A by comparing obvious parts then orientate the actual sprue to the same as the picture and then prat about finding the part. Really helpful :mad:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Use a bit of masking tape to create a tab and write the sprue letter on it. You've still got to find the part, but at least finding the sprue will be easier.

F

Fenlander

Use a bit of masking tape to create a tab and write the sprue letter on it. You've still got to find the part, but at least finding the sprue will be easier.

That's what I did Dave. Three sprues so I labelled A and B to save money on masking tape I didn't label C.......

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
It wouldn't be too bad if the sprue's had parts 1-20, 21-40 etc but they are all over the place, I'm going to remove all the bits that aren't used then at least there will be less to look at

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Having a similar issue with the Hood. Have had bits off every sprue so to avoid losing bits I keep them in their bag. To ease finding them have written the sprue letter on the bag. Working well so far. Until I start to put them in the wrong bag

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Went out and when I came back both joysticks had fallen forward, I tried to straighten them and one of them broke in 2, tried to pick it up and broke one of the peddles

I fixed it and it's not too bad

IMG_0785.JPG