1/32 UH-72A Lakota Revell

D

Deleted member 3568

Yep Ian I wrote the sprue nos on the bags for the heller traction avant, all the manufacturers have their own way of doing instructions, I wish they would all combine their different methods we would have amazing instructions, John I still have never tried a helicopter (although I have one in the stash) that camouflage looks difficult good luck to you mate.

F

Fenlander

Not an easy one John but you are getting stuck in with it nicely.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Oh dear, shaking a bottle of paint and I thought I'm getting wet, then looked at the curtains and they are covered in paint, I should know better and check the tops of paint bottles, quite often they come from suppliers with loose tops.

Anyway, is there a secret to brush painting? I can't get a good smooth finish, and you can see the brush strokes.

F

Fenlander

Thin paint, let it dry next coat. Just slowly build up the density rather than trying to achieve solid colour in one coat. Nothing worse than sat there shaking something and then getting wet..... to spray it on the curtains is quite impressive though:rolleyes:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks like a nice kit, but I do have to wonder, what sort of terrain would it be flying over for that camouflage to be effective ?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Not had chance to do much with this the past couple of days, centre console in and a couple of seats, I've just painted the others they will go in tomorrow.

On another note I've just updated the forum and you can now upload multiple images in one go.

IMG_0789.JPG

F

Fenlander

Coming on nicely John. Always thought you could upload multiple images? Sure I have done it beforeo_O all my Triumph pics were selected and uploaded in one.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Coming on nicely John. Always thought you could upload multiple images? Sure I have done it beforeo_O all my Triumph pics were selected and uploaded in one.

Oh perhaps I had it enabled anyway

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
cant wait to see the camouflage.

Me too :smiling3: I'm no where near doing it but I'm trying to figure out the best way and what paints to use, I've never used Revell and don't really want to, Modelair, AK or Ammo I'm happy with, I just have to look though them.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you Can get it off again without scratching the plastic, yes. I prefer good old masking tape..... But have used blu tak on some things.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What ever it's called it still keeps breaking :sad:

Is liquid mask any good on clear parts?

Yes. Some paint mask sets only provide pre-cut masks that only take care of the edges e.g. A Mig-21 canopy, and the modeller is instructed to use liquid mask as an infill. I dip the canopies in Klear first. It works for me.