SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looking great steve. Wish i had your talent lol

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the comments. Allyne I've seen your models so I'm not buying that one LOL!

Done some post shading. I don't follow panel lines,just not my cup of tea. I just do random streaking and mottling to break up the blocks of colour. Each to their own! It will settle down a bit once I apply a couple of coats of Klear.

Of course I've forgotten to spray the gear doors,so I will invest an hour or so in catching up with them and all the other bits I've forgotten.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
REICHLUFTVERTEIDIGUNG. We all love a nice german compound word! It translates as Reich air defense and units tasked with this got to display a nice coloured band on the rear of the fuselage. Many units had been using similar markings before their formalisation in Feb 1945. I've sprayed the official JG 301 two colour band on the Ta152. The bands were 90cm wide so two colours would be two 45cm bands,three colours would be three 30cm bands.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nothing like a few decals to make an aeroplane look germanic!

I'm away again on Wednesday so I'm hoping to get this one finished by then.....we'll see.

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Steve Just a question where did you get your clamps from?

Vaughan

by the way Steve great build!.

P

phalinmegob

i bought a packet of those clamps(4 in a pack) for a quid at one of our local pound type shops(not poundland but one of them shops that sells all kinds of tat) and they are very good but i find that good old clothes pegs serve most needs.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
i bought a packet of those clamps(4 in a pack) for a quid at one of our local pound type shops(not poundland but one of them shops that sells all kinds of tat)
Yep,me too. Actually a shop in Birmingham called Latif's which is huge and full of absolute crap! You do find some useful and cheap modelling supplies though,you've just got to wade through the crimbo decorations which are guaranteed....guaranteed to set your house on fire that is.

Cheers

Steve

P

phalinmegob

also got a huge pack of womens nail files which make good sanding sticks but they dont last very long,hey what do you want for a quid.indespensable cocktail sticks and a pack of needle files..oh and dont forget the plastic storage boxes,great for all sorts of bits and pices.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Matted down. I've gone for a much more matt finish than I usually do on Luftwaffe aircraft. That's the way it looks in my references.

I've got the spinner spiral done (phew!).The Blu-Taced on canopy will come off so that I can finish the cockpit/canopy interior and then on with the dangly bits.

The end is in sight.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers fellas. I did a bit of a wash last night and stuck the cannon in. Then I attached the undercarriage. Tail wheel no problem,just a bit of a fiddle,but both the main gear struts popped the front of the wing off on fitting. It's a sort of push and turn location which,like a lot of other things on this kit,was not a perfect fit first time. A bit of fettling and glueing sorted that. I assembled and stuck the main gear wheels on this morning.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Steve its looking awesome! Landing gear always seem to give trouble but you handled it nicely. I really like the the suttle panel color variation a lot, its just right!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm calling this done. Here's a quick snap taken with my phone,it makes my usual awful pictures look okay!

Is this kit worth the money? Not in the same way as,say,a Tamiya Spitfire. By the time I'd paid customs and "handling" charges that's about what it cost. If you want a detailed and accurate kit of a Ta152 in this scale and are prepared to put in a bit of work then this is for you. If you only have a casual interest in the type then it's a lot of money to spend on a kit. I'm in the former category and am happy enough with what I got for the money.

My next build,which I'll start after my next job,in a months time,will be something a lot easier!!!!!

I'll stick up some proper "completed" piccies when SWMBO gets back with her camera.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top class work steve, loving the variations in panel shades on the unpainted sections, im saving my stars for the completed pics!! cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here you go. SWMBO returned with a camera full of photos of daughter number 2 abseiling of Fort Dunlop (for charity) but I thought you'd prefer these!

I'll keep it down to half a dozen,doing a quick 360

Starboard side:

Port side:

Rear quarter:

Top,not difficult to see why allied pilots referred to this colour combination as "sea green":

Front:

Cockpit:

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Brilliant job steve, superb paintwork, 5stars cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very well done 5stars and like you said the seat belts are well worth the £5 paid for them once more very well done

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This one slipped under my radar. Great looking work. And what a cracker of an aircraft.

Ian M