1:32nd Wild Cat F4F Trumpeter

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks pretty good to me Curt! I like Trumpeter but they've got a bit of a chequered history with the quality of their kits varying enormously. I've got a couple of their 1/32 kits from the same era as this one (Corsair and Avenger) which look good in the box. What was this one like to build?

Gern

First Name
Curt
Hi Gern thank you. As for the kit it fit together rather good. The only parts that were hard to get aligned were the heads of the engine and the cross over tubes. This wild cat was fun to build. Trumpeter has really improved over the last few years, I think it is due to the Cad programs they are now using and CNC machines to cut the molds. I have heard that they have also got contracts to make molds for other model brands. I have recently started working on Airfix kits and they are getting better fits than some of the older kits. I like Airfix because it has some interesting subjects to build. I am working on the 1:24 stuka and it is 25 years old but it fits together really good, and good detail. The decals for my wild cat were very thin and were tough, they sucked into the rivet holes good the stars look almost painted on.

Š

Španac

Excellent wettering and effect of the panels. Overall impression - very realistic. Very nice construction. They are especially dear to me these Pacific.

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely finish and weathering, which is always difficult to get just right on a very light colour. This model is spot on though and a lovely build.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Missed this one ,nice job. Very nicely judged fading,just like she's been sat in that Pacific sunshine.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Fantastic work, the support vehicle in the back ground could do with a bit of weathering though. lol

Andy

First Name
Curt
Thank you for all of your feed back. This is the first time for using pastels to do some weathering. It took some practice to get it to look right. I looked at quite a few models to get some ideas on how to get the right shades.

T

treyzx10r

Great work there Curt,really like the staining effect on the flaps