1/35 M4 "ZIPPO"

First Name
Dave
A double barrel delight. Fantastic.

I like the cast Shermans, although not popular with the crews because of the cyclone petrol engine............hence why the Germans called them 'Ronsons'...........I guess the crew of yours are sticking the proverbial finger up by calling theirs Zippo!

Curious about the added barrel.........non standard I reckon but what was its use? .............Flamethrower?

Great weathering by the way. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

L

lizz62

\ said:
A double barrel delight. Fantastic.
I like the cast Shermans, although not popular with the crews because of the cyclone petrol engine............hence why the Germans called them 'Ronsons'...........I guess the crew of yours are sticking the proverbial finger up by calling theirs Zippo!

Curious about the added barrel.........non standard I reckon but what was its use? .............Flamethrower?

Great weathering by the way. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
The zippo tank is a flamethrower tank with the extra flame barrel. I make most of my tanks from pictures of actual tanks

First Name
Dave
Thanks for posting the pics of the real thing, it's great to see these anomalies modelled..........is it a field modification or done in production? ..............I admire what they called the funnies.......very ingenious contraptions of both the designer and the guys in the field. I've always admired the calliope and the mine flails.......those flails would be enough for me to make a run for it! ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work,like it,well done, ;)

First Name
Michaël
wintertracks on a tank for a country like japan?

M4A3R2 “Zippo”, late version HVSS, flamethrower variant developed by the USMC, here deployed at Okinawa, in support to the 1st Marine Division, May 1945.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
wintertracks on a tank for a country like japan?
M4A3R2 “Zippo”, late version HVSS, flamethrower variant developed by the USMC, here deployed at Okinawa, in support to the 1st Marine Division, May 1945.
I guess they may have used whatever tracks that were available at the time particularly as you say.......May 1945....toward the end of the war I would imagine that they were making the most of what they could find (bit like the Wombles! )