1/35 masterbox german infantry 1944-45

J

Jens Andrée

Looking great and they give me inspiration and ideas on how to fix my two figures!

J

Jack10

Thanks guys can't recommend masterbox figures enough. They are fantastic and in my opinion the best non resin figures available

J

Jens Andrée

Thanks guys can't recommend masterbox figures enough. They are fantastic and in my opinion the best non resin figures available
Totally agree.
Not the best plastic compound IMHO but I've yet to see anything from Masterbox be anything but fantastic for its price!
They are, as you say Jack, as good as you get without going to resin or 3D-printed figures.

I love MAiM figures and I really want to buy a couple of their 3D printed Front '46 figures but they are very expensive and my figure painting skills isn't good enough to make justice to their figures...

This is how good they are in 1/35 scale

maim35331neu.jpg

The only snag is the price... This 1/35 scale figure kit is £46 + p&p !?!

Normal 1/35 scale figures are £13-16. They need some slight sanding/polishing unless you use a primer with microfiller to remove the minute printing lines, but they're almost impossible since they're printed with SLA printers.

But for plastic few come close to Masterbox - but my Meng figures are really good too and it's a shame they've only done a few boxes...

J

Jack10

Wow that is expensive, beautiful looking figure but wow £46+

I didn't even about 3d printer figures on the market so cheers for sharing. I've just ordered 3 more figure kits, a Dragon pak40 kit with German fallschurmjager troops and a couple of mini art bases this week. Can tell it was payday on Friday lol

J

Jens Andrée

3D printed figures is becoming more and more common today but SLA/DLP and other resin printers are very expensive so that's why these printed figures are expensive.
It's not a case of a 3D printed mould which is poured with resin - every figure is printed!

But if you're artistic enough to 3D sculpt a figure it's not so expensive to have one printed for you on a professional printer, but expect to pay £50-60 for a small figure in the cheapest material.

I've sculpted an more or less exact replica of the kugelpazer the Russians got on display, welded up, because it's unobtanium since it run out of production.
It's not very big at all in 1/35 scale but due to it's design it's a complicated print and the cost was almost £200 - which I'm not prepared to pay!!!
My brother is buying a new 3D printer, much better than my gen 2 Prusa Mendel I built many years ago and he will print the kugelpanzer on his eventually and I'll use putty and sanding to create what I want - much cheaper than £200! (especially since my brother is paying for the plastic filament... hehe...)

I'm looking forward to see your new figures painted! :smiling3: