1:35 Metal Tow Cables

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
Hi all,

Anyone got any advice of help on getting metal wire tow cables to bend and behave as you would like?

I've used them in the past and given up because they just break my model

N

noble

\ said:
Hi all,
Anyone got any advice of help on getting metal wire tow cables to bend and behave as you would like?

I've used them in the past and given up because they just break my model
You could try picture hanging wire, what scale are you working in?

scott

D

dubster72

I'd try annealing them, although sharp bends should be avoided as 4" thick metal cable doesn't bend too much in real life ;)

First Name
Robert
If you can get hold of it try getting fine jewellery chain say from an old broken necklace or failing that try an ironmongers like home are or Wilkes they sometimes have fine picture holding chain

Regards

Robert

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I personally always have my eyes open for any type of cord or string of suitable size {can be found almost anywhere} you just need a "modelers eye" the I just run it through a brownish - black wash mixed with a bit of Elmers Glue-All once dry you can bend and kink it up all you like. For cable ends I just bend suitable loops at the ends, clamp with small "alligator" clips, a touch of Elmers let dry and you're done. A bit of a metallic dry-brushing and there you have it;)......Jim View attachment 113793

th?&id=JN.vu%2bDa7ActUDK6gzse3aRvA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Pretty much of what has been posted by others, either picture wire or string, both work a treat;)