1/35 Russian Artillery Tractor and 122mm Gun

C

chris2681

Ok so this originally was to be part of the sig build last year but was back to work and never got to finish it. I was originally going to either refurbish a few old kits Im not happy with or even begin something new to get back into it this winter but after about a week or so walking by the desk and not stopping to sit, I decided to start this winter off where I left off last winter. Here is what I have so far. I had the gun built last year but never really got going on the tractor but for a few steps into the instructions.

tractor 011.JPG

tractor 008.JPG

tractor 009.JPG

tractor 010.JPG

tractor 006.JPG

tractor 007.JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice to see you back at the desk;)................Pops:smiling3:

P

Polux

Nice to see you building again ;)

Mmmmm....I really like those Russian tractors :rolleyes:

C

chris2681

\ said:
Nice to see you building again ;)
Mmmmm....I really like those Russian tractors :rolleyes:
Me too , I also like the ww2 trucks from Russia. Think I may have to get one after this project is done.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I love that old "Hard As Nails" Russian Stuff .......... I'll be following this Chris.

T

tommy1drop

Nice kits Chris,I built the same two kits myself, lovely to build, looking forward to following yours mate;)

C

chris2681

\ said:
Nice kits Chris,I built the same two kits myself, lovely to build, looking forward to following yours mate;)
The tractor is the first Vulcan kit I have ever built and so far its beautiful. The gun was a old Zvesda kit and definitely had its challenges , mostly pieces not fitting correctly. But that's modeling :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like this one,so well done on the color so far looking good,

I do like these Russian things always can find some think interesting to do, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is looking superb Chris. The weather worn look is very very good.

C

chris2681

\ said:
Just love that little tractor! I think Miniart make something very similar.
Keep up the good work Chris
I believe your right Patrick , Miniart does make one. Just a base coat of color on here so far , wanted to get some color around the areas where the windows go so as not to get paint on them afterwards. If possible I will wait to put them on close to last. Thanks for the kind words................Chris

C

chris2681

\ said:
That is looking superb Chris. The weather worn look is very very good.
As said above , just a quick basecoat of color. Have lots to do still. I like Grumpa hand paint everything with acrylics , so lots of layers and shades before shes close to done. :smiling3: