1/35 Russian Artillery Tractor and 122mm Gun

C

chris2681

\ said:
real like this one,so well done on the color so far looking good,
I do like these Russian things always can find some think interesting to do, ;)
Thank you Monica , glad you like the progress so far ;)

C

chris2681

So I was thinking of maybe putting a cover over the barrel of the gun as it will depicted in towing mode. I will have to look and see if the Russians commonly practiced this , and what they looked like if they did. Probably going to put these on a base afterwards , possibly a muddy road? Im not sure yet.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
So I was thinking of maybe putting a cover over the barrel of the gun as it will depicted in towing mode. I will have to look and see if the Russians commonly practiced this , and what they looked like if they did. Probably going to put these on a base afterwards , possibly a muddy road? Im not sure yet.
Hey , when it's all done you can photo it on my "Drive in the country" board since I'm not going to use it for dio now

C

chris2681

\ said:
Hey , when it's all done you can photo it on my "Drive in the country" board since I'm not going to use it for dio now
That's a possibility

C

chris2681

\ said:
I like hand painted Chris..........That's how I do mine.
Me too with the military models. I think it gives them a rough look that fits them.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Me too with the military models. I think it gives them a rough look that fits them.
I recon they were mostly "Rough Arsed Painted" anyhow. Particularly the Soviet stuff........... I brush paint everything. Not just the military stuff, motorbikes and cars as well..... I can turn out a pretty fair Gloss Finish with a brush and lots of patience Chris.

fairing.jpg

C

chris2681

\ said:
I recon they were mostly "Rough Arsed Painted" anyhow. Particularly the Soviet stuff........... I brush paint everything. Not just the military stuff, motorbikes and cars as well..... I can turn out a pretty fair Gloss Finish with a brush and lots of patience Chris.
View attachment 143981
I guess so Peter! Id have thought you airbrushed that. Ive never done a car or anything as such so never invested in a airbrush kit. Plus its more intimate sitting under the spotlight and picking out details with the brush I think.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Super work so far Chris, looking forward to seeing more

J

John Rixon

\ said:
I guess so Peter! Id have thought you airbrushed that. Ive never done a car or anything as such so never invested in a airbrush kit. Plus its more intimate sitting under the spotlight and picking out details with the brush I think.
This! The feeling of calm and wellbeing I get from quietly painting stuff is imessurable.

C

chris2681

\ said:
This! The feeling of calm and wellbeing I get from quietly painting stuff is imessurable.
Very true John. Its like being in a state of meditation with full attention on the piece your painting. I usually paint when no one is around if I can. I cant get into it when the kids are running around and there is noise around the house.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real do like the looks of it,looks great,well done so far, ;)

C

chris2681

\ said:
real do like the looks of it,looks great,well done so far, ;)
Thanks Monica. Gonna weather and dirty her up a lil. Thinking of loading the back with equipment but not sure yet. Still have to weather and finish the gun as well , almost there. :D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great Chris , really like the look of the tractor , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be looking forward to seeing what you do with the old girl, ;)

D

dubster72

That's looking really good Chris, drybrushing is almost a forgotten art these days, so it's great to see a master at work :smiling3:

C

chris2681

\ said:
That's looking really good Chris, drybrushing is almost a forgotten art these days, so it's great to see a master at work :smiling3:
Thank you so much Patrick. But calling me a master is like gluing a horn on a pig and calling it a unicorn! :D I looked into these lil guys a bit and saw that they also mounted Katushya rockets on them. I almost was tempted , I think Grumpa has a spare Katushya laying around.stz_5_nati_132mm_1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_G5VxFGdSfFlNcZCKaiP_WZGKaoFnfJtVzIdAIKxLL9G5wcq0.jpg