1/35 Russian STZ-5 Tractor and 122mm Gun

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like how this one turned out,very nice weathering,

lets you see all the rivet detail,and wood grain as well,

great job on this one Chris,do real like it. ;)

trying to work out what you used for the chain ?

F

Fenlander

Very nice, the colour and weathering are really natural looking. Got to love the Soviet stuff.

C

chris2681

\ said:
real like how this one turned out,very nice weathering,
lets you see all the rivet detail,and wood grain as well,

great job on this one Chris,do real like it. ;)

trying to work out what you used for the chain ?
The chain is a small necklace chain. Ty Monica , glad you like it.

D

dubster72

Really really good Chris. The overall look is very natural & realistic. The fact that it's all brush painted with craft paints makes me wonder how much more impressive you'd be with 'proper' modelling paints.... on second thoughts, don't go there coz you'd be too good! ;)

C

chris2681

\ said:
That's a cracking build Chris I really like this .
Thank you. I really took my time with this one. Im usually never satisfied with the finale result , but this one looks ok.

C

chris2681

\ said:
Very nice, the colour and weathering are really natural looking. Got to love the Soviet stuff.
I do love the Soviet stuff. This was a cool kit , Ive never seen one here before so at the moment its unique. I wanted to do something different and this lil guy fit the bill.

C

chris2681

\ said:
Really really good Chris. The overall look is very natural & realistic. The fact that it's all brush painted with craft paints makes me wonder how much more impressive you'd be with 'proper' modelling paints.... on second thoughts, don't go there coz you'd be too good! ;)
This may be as good as it gets for now Patrick , no matter what paints I use. I feel Im starting to get better and Im actually satisfied with this one. Glad you liked this one!!

P

Polux

Very, very nice one!!

The paintwork and the weathering are excellent.

Looks a lovely tractor ;)

D

Doug Hughes

Great stuff, Chris. I'll add my voice to those admiring the paint job - looks so like real metalwork that's been mistreated for a few years.

J

John Rixon

Top job Chris. Weathering, as someone else has already said, is sublime, the gun, in particular looks real. For me, it's all about the surfaces, which is where your painting really excels, they are totally believable!

C

chris2681

Thank you guys so much! Painting is the one thing I always felt I was lacking in once the model was done. I really tried to do my best with this one and make it look the best of anything Ive done so far. Im so happy to hear everyone likes the paintjob on this one , makes me feel the extra effort really payed off. :smiling3: Id like to thank Grumpa as well for letting me photo it at his house with good lighting.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
I think that when you look at this, and his Dad's work, we can finally confirm that these paints are proper! I did a t62 with them, and quite a bit of my tiger too, and will deffo use them again! And a third of the price of "proper" paints :D

C

chris2681

\ said:
I think that when you look at this, and his Dad's work, we can finally confirm that these paints are proper! I did a t62 with them, and quite a bit of my tiger too, and will deffo use them again! And a third of the price of "proper" paints :D
I hate to sound stupid but , what exactly are we considering proper paints? The lil Testors oils? Just wondering what most others here use.