1/35 Sea tank KN1

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

In 1946 the DOD reeling from the near defeat in ww2 realised our costal defence was lacking and that we needed far more destroyers but lacked the funds to produce them after the collosal costs of the war it was decided we needed light weight fast vessels with the fire power of a destroyer, it was decided that only one designer could design such a vessel, after the success of his flying tank the handsome and clever designer kpnuts was the only one capable of building the new vessel. No one knew where he had gone and a massive manhunt began to find him.
A little older and more grey haired, but distinguishly handsome, he was found on a remote island off the Galapagos, he was set to work immediately, after exhaustive research it was decided the crusader 3 tank would be the basis of this new vessel.
The first 3 prototypes sank without a trace but KN1 became the most successful sea tank ever made. Watch this space for the story of what could arguably be called the most successful sea going vessel of modern times.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well the fun begins, I'm not worried about realism or true to life just having some fun, trying different modeling methods and materials.
2ag47x5.jpg

123y3yo.jpg

9zoi6h.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
interesting,will have to keep,watching to see this take shape,;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your as mad as an hatter Ken but a great start on a very interesting unique special design type thing.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
After reading the wacky exploits of Kpnuts I have to watch this wonderful creation coming to life
Crazy but looks actually plausabld

Regards

Robert

First Name
colin
Nice ken. I always like to see something different

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another wonderful wacky build Ken. I rather like this one, it has the looks of something that could well have been developed in the late 30's.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Outrageous fun!!:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well as I said on my Spad build this yr I'm going to try and finish some of my shelved builds.

This one wasn't stopped for problems with the build. I started this on another forum that is ruled with an iron fist I got fed up with continuing complaints and warnings from the admin (everything I posted on there was exactly the same as here and other forums I frequent, with no complaints on here or any of the others) the final straw was complaining about the back story on this build (I decided I don't want to be on a forum where you can't even use humour in a topic) I've not posted there since and of course it put me off the build, well I've decided to start it again.
Ive removed the side shields as I'm intending to add inflatable type
Floats.

IMG-20190114-589.jpg

IMG-20190114-2355.jpg

IMG-20190114-14744.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've added the wheel and a sort of nautical colour scheme, once the tracks are on I will add some outrigger pontoon supports, going thought my spares box I can't find any props of an appropriate size then I thought about adding paddles to the wheels (which I figure would allow it amazing manouverability and allow it to turn in its own radius) what do you think is that a feasible idea.

IMG-20190208-32626.jpg

IMG-20190208-38803.jpg

IMG-20190208-43855.jpg

IMG-20190208-2763.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Well I'm glad this forum welcomes humour. Your intro certainly made me smile. Love the whole daft idea but it is your modelling skills that have brought it to life.
Jim

D

Deleted member 4539

Modelling is a fun hobby and this build looks a a fun one.
The crazy background story is what makes it even better.
Keep the fun coming Ken :smiling2:.

D

Deleted member 3568

It was a continuation from the flying tank backstory (which incidentally got no mention when I posted it on the other forum)
I'm glad you guys like it.
Here it is.

D

Deleted member 4539

I remember posting the a funny post in the figure forum about the invisible man kit I did :smiling2:.