1/35 SOVIET M30 SU-122 HOWITZER

C

chris2681

Ok Im in, finally. Kit just arrived today. This qualifies im guessing? Im not sure what exactly Im going to do with it yet. I may build the gun and do a small dio with it , or may get something to tow it. If I go with the tow idea I was thinking a LEND-LEASE vehicle. Maybe a M3 halftrack or scout car. I will show my progress and see which way my mind goes with it.

View attachment 99952

View attachment 99953

View attachment 99954

View attachment 99955

View attachment 99956

View attachment 99957

SIG 001.JPG

SIG 002.JPG

SIG 003.JPG

SIG 004.JPG

SIG 005.JPG

SIG 006.JPG

First Name
Aaron
Sweet looking kit, I'm guessing she's an oldie by the figures.

It'll be good to see a build log of this, I like the idea of a lend lease to tow.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice bargain Chris, :D

will look forward to seeing this one,

C

chris2681

Thanks Monica. Im kinda looking forward to sharing a build with folks. :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would go for one of those weird and wonderful Tractors they used.

Look forward to seeing this build up

Ian M

C

chris2681

\ said:
I would go for one of those weird and wonderful Tractors they used.
Look forward to seeing this build up

Ian M
I would love to Ian, but honestly I cant afford one at the moment. Im laid off in the winter from Jan to about mid March on average. Those new tractor kits are very expensive in the US at the moment. They average $60.00 and up here. Unfortunately during winter my kit buying budget is kinda low. Luckily my birthday is feb 6th so the wife let me get the gun as a present. I currently have won a auction on ebay for a M3 scout car for about $17.00 with shipping so Im thinking I might have to go with that under the LEND-LEASE idea.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
YAAAAAWN! ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz....................... :P

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
ZZZZZZ HUH!? oh zzzzzzzzzz......... :P

C

chris2681

Ok so not much progress yet. I ordered this kit thinking it was a Italeri kit which has always been a pleasure to build. Turns out it was imported by Italeri but made by Zvesda,as you can see from the parts tree photo.This kit looked pretty simple on paper. Its already a pain in the butt. The plastic is old and brittle, and so far not one piece has fit properly. Two pieces have just fallen apart form cutting them off the trees so far and they weren't even that small! Oh well this little bugger is gonna take some time, love,and tenderness. She will come together though.

View attachment 100401

View attachment 100402

View attachment 100403

sig 003.JPG

sig 004.JPG

sig 005.JPG

First Name
Aaron
An older kit made by zvesda...Yes sir, maybe a challenge. Looking good so far though.

C

chris2681

\ said:
An older kit made by zvesda...Yes sir, maybe a challenge. Looking good so far though.
I wonder if the newer ones are better? They make some cool vehicles ,especially trucks. I built a old Panzer I ,and that was a nightmare as well. It seems the plastic don't hold up well after time. Gets very brittle.

C

chris2681

ok so lately Ive kinda been spending my time looking for a truck and not working on my models. this weekend I finally put some decent time in.Also I was able to get my hands on a sweet lil tractor to tow the gun. So heres where Im at. The gun has been a complete nightmare so far , but I'll get her dun. The tractor is a Vulcan kit. Ive never built a Vulcan kit before but just from looking it over it seems it will be a pleasure to put together. Time will tell I guess.

View attachment 103625

View attachment 103626

View attachment 103627

View attachment 103628

View attachment 103629

View attachment 103630

sig 001.JPG

sig 002.JPG

sig tractor 001.JPG

sig tractor 004.JPG

sig tractor 005.JPG

sig tractor 006.JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Gun is looking good , though I know the problems with fit and brittle pieces you've been having. Tractor looks like a dream to build, though I hate those sectional tracks.:eek:

just take your time you'll git it dun! :smiling3: Love POPS

C

chris2681

\ said:
Gun is looking good , though I know the problems with fit and brittle pieces you've been having. Tractor looks like a dream to build, though I hate those sectional tracks.:eek:
just take your time you'll git it dun! :smiling3: Love POPS
yea cant wait to start the tractor

First Name
Aaron
That tractor looks like a soviet kicked r.s.o

I really like the look of it. Nice work so far on the arty piece mate.

C

chris2681

\ said:
That tractor looks like a soviet kicked r.s.o
I really like the look of it. Nice work so far on the arty piece mate.
It does now that you mention it. Dying to start it but keep telling myself to complete the gun first. Oh well no work tomorrow so I can keep plugging on the gun. Almost ready for a darkwash.

C

chris2681

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Find a better spot to photo or get another light on it, camera tends to darken pics once they go on the comp. MORE LIGHT DAMN YOU!!