1/35 Tamiya Jagdpanther

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Allyne. Those exhaust pipes are pretty good. You might want to give them a bit off oil/soot just to finish them off.

If it was me, I would paint the fire extinguisher in brass then sort of over-spray it with the camo. Not too much just so you can see that it's brass and some one couldn't be chuffed to take it off when they painted the camo.....

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ian the picture doesn't do it justice. The pipes are already sooted and they look great lol.

Painted the base colour tonight. Once i've let it dry enough i'll start adding the other two colours

View attachment 23806

View attachment 30401

150120112100.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Anyone ever got to a certain stage of a model and got nervous about proceeding? Well i'm there. Going to be painting totally freehand and slightly nervous about it lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job allyne , looks fine to me, cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming together nicely Allyne, nearly there...Don't forget the 3c's...Cool, calm and collected! lol

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Coming together nicely Allyne, nearly there...Don't forget the 3c's...Cool, calm and collected! lolRon
I use the 3 C's as well but mine are more often than not Crap, crap, crap!

Paint is looking fine so far Allyne, by the time its had another coat it will be great. (I'M ONLY JOKING!!!)

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Me me me, every time i look at my Tiger now lol :hmmm:

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is looking very nice now Allyne. You can breath again, the hardest part is behind you now. lol

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron. Needs quite a bit of touching up and i'm not that impressed with my airbrushing technique. But i still like it. Lovely kit to put together though.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Cheers Ron. Needs quite a bit of touching up and i'm not that impressed with my airbrushing technique. But i still like it. Lovely kit to put together though.
I've just been reading your thread again Al., and apart from that slight blip earlier on in the build when you were a bit down and wanted to 'Bin it' I can tell from your last post you are really enjoying it now.

It's your model, your finish and if you are happy with it then that's all that matters.

Having said that, if you are not 100% happy with the painting at the final stage, why not do a bit of weathering / mud /dust, whatever. It calms the painting down and kinda blends it all in....That's what I find anyway!

Cheers,

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It's defo going to get some weathering Ron. Not sure how much yet but i'll give it a go :smiling3:

N

noble

Allyne this is loking good so far, are you adding zimmerit to it?

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hiya Scott. I'm not adding it to this one as i had enough on my plate being this my first ever armour kit. So learning the tricks with this type of model is more than enough for me for now lol. I do have two Panther A's and a King Tiger to build so they might get the Zimmerit treatment.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking better every day Allyne.

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Back end built up. Still needs some weathering added. Touched up the paint on the top part now so that's just drying. Got to paint the tools yet but need some new paints before i do that (wood effect and steel). Really happy with this kit now. Glad i decided to do an armour kit. So much so i want to crack on with my King Tiger and Panther A's. Also thinking of adding (when money and SWMBO permits) a Tiger I and Jagdtiger to the stash lol

View attachment 24106

View attachment 30647

210120112124.jpg