1/35 Tamiya Jagdpanther

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Don't worry Ron. I've already figured that one out lol. Do you know what finish the tanks were done in? Matt or satin?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Allyne, I'm not sure what they would be 'Factory Fresh', but I always paint mine in a matt finish mainly because I usually muck my tank models up, so they would end up dull anyway!

I suppose once painted a coat of matt varnish would be acceptable. The Vallejo matt varnish I use has a very slight sheen to it when dry.

I'm sure you will get the definitive answer here abouts pretty darn quick!

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok i've painted the interior with a home made ivory colour made from white, brown and yellow. Think i've over done it with the brown but there again the colour would get dirty when beinig used in the field (litterally).

So here's a pic of the interior minus the sight and periscopes.

View attachment 23617

View attachment 30228

080120112085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers John. I'm enjoying puting this kit together. Nearly time for painting and weathering. Big learning curve for that one lol.

R

rogue-one

hi allyne. tanks are good! i really enjoyed doing mine in the summer G.B. you get to be really dirty, rusty and creative with them. hope you have fun with it and can't wait to see how it goes.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Bobby. I'm defo enjoying it but all this mud and rust combined thing is all new to me lol. I'm about to start painting it tomorrow so it should look a little better then

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron. Will have a look what humbrol paints i have

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Cheers Ron. Will have a look what humbrol paints i have
Allyne, Humbrol Matt 67 is what I use. There again, I guess any Dk. grey would do, seeing as how it might be getting the mud treatment...wink, wink!

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking great so far Allyne. I like the variation in the wheel colour.

Cheers

P

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I got the variation from a painting i found on the internet of a jagdpanther from the Normany battles. I thought it looked cool so here it is lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok another question for you armour guys. On the side of the jagdpanther there is a box and a fire extinguisher. What colour would these items be? Some have painted wood effect and others have painted cammo for the box. The extinguisher has either been red, yellow or dark grey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ok another question for you armour guys. On the side of the jagdpanther there is a box and a fire extinguisher. What colour would these items be? Some have painted wood effect and others have painted cammo for the box. The extinguisher has either been red, yellow or dark grey
Allyne, the box is in fact a solid wooden block used with the jack, so I would go with wood effect.

Not sure of the fire extinguisher colour, some pictures on Google Images show it just Dk yellow, others show it just passed over when spraying the cammo.

I don't know enough about the niceties of tank painting, but I'm sure someone on here will enlighten us both soon!

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron. Might paint the extinguisher camo then as it'll be easier to lol.