1/350 Scale PL Enterprise in Drydock

N

NemVia

1/350 scale ST:TMP Drydock
« on: Today at 11:44:34 am »

This is a model I built in 2009 to the scale of the PL Enterprise. Originally I wanted to take this model to some hobby shows, but the size of it and the transporting of it made it difficult. The dock ended up being about 42" long and about 2' wide and 2' high. It is built almost entirely out of styrene plastic. Everything was built by scratch. This was a learning experience especially because at the time I was building it there were not too many Pictures of the filming miniature available. Only what was seen on the Screen from TMP.I wound up selling it to a Star Trek fan who I knew would take care of it. The same guy commissioned me to build a larger scale version of this in the scale of the DeBoers Refit Enterprise which is my current build. This is my current build and is made from scratch as well and is infinitely more detailed but made with superior products. All of the parts are scratch built then cast into molds so the process goes much quicker. The panel frames are made from copper tubing and I'm using a steel frame to the weight of both the ship and the dock together. Enjoy.
Mark
The presentation is in a slideshow format.

http://s185.photobucket.com/user/NemVia/slideshow/Star%20TrekTMP%20-%20Drydock