1/350 Scale Tamiya Tirpitz

L

Lancasterb1

Forgot I had these pictures, a finished Tirpitz built around this time last year and then the project was handed over to Nick Trudgian. I will not dwell on the reason for that. The glare is from the flash and not gloss paint. The overall colours were tamiya and vallejo matt paints, with an aftermarket set for the railings and catapult etc. The rigging was thin brass wire.

Hope it sits well with the ship builders?

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 29498

View attachment 29499

View attachment 29500

007.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

There are not many modellers prepared to take on that camoflage job. Superbly done though and makes the Tirpitz so recognisable.

L

Lancasterb1

Thanks chaps, Paul there is no problem with the camoflage on the Bismarck, I used tamiya tape to get the straight lines on the hull. It was a long build because of the way the hull is painted, but worth it in the end. I do appreciate the comments. I have the Prince of Wales to build in the same scale, but that is in the stash!

The decks were painted with a Hemp colour, again Vallejo model air and the superstructure was done freehand with a cardboard straight edge as a guide for the brush.

Andy

B

Bunkerbarge

Now the Prince of Wales with the Bismarck make a great pair and a bit different to the Bismarck and Hood that we usually seem to see.

L

Lancasterb1

I was looking at getting the Bismarck to go alongside the POW. It may happen and the Camofluage is not as intricate on the mighty B than her sister ship, although I do fancy a crack at the Prinz Eugen!

B

Bunkerbarge

You can actually quite justifiably get away with only doing the disruptive camoflage on the hull as she was like that during operation Rhienebung as well as when she left norway the camoflage was apinted out again, apart from the white hull extreems.

You're right though I have always like the Prinz, does anyone doe one in 1/350th?

L

Lancasterb1

Richard

Trumpeter released the Prinz Eugen as she was in 1945. Link attached. I think that I may just get this and build her and the mighty B together, not at the same time I hasten to add. Trumpeter 1/350 Prinz Eugen 1945

Andy :smile1:

B

Bunkerbarge

If you could build them both as they were at the time of the meeting with Hood and prince of Wales they would look fantastic. Thanks for the link, that's a lovely kit of the Prinz.

L

Lancasterb1

\ said:
If you could build them both as they were at the time of the meeting with Hood and prince of Wales they would look fantastic. Thanks for the link, that's a lovely kit of the Prinz.
That would be some line up that's for sure bearing in mind the size of the Tirpitz when I built it. Where on earth would you place the completed ships? Top of the wardrobe or the dining room furniture, that would have to be open to a lot of negotioation :grinball1:

Andy

C

cryton 5

Some lovely work there skipper
Great tribute to theme hats off .

First Name
Marius
Nice job! I'm currently building the same kit right now with the 1943 camoflage, it is an absolute nightmare :tongue-out2: