1/48 262 a2a

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another one I seem to have missed!

Great job Theuns and a very nice job on the mottling. I don't think it is possible to achieve such a realistic result if masking is used so keep the shaky hand going :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Magnificent work on the mottle and a fabulous finished model.

Great stuff

P

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx guys.

Steve, I must say that the new range RLM enamles from Humbrol does really work well for me.

I did the mottle at a relatively high PSI and VERY carefull pull back on my AB's trigger to just let a fine spray come out.

I find it eliminated the splatter to a great deal.

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I did the mottle at a relatively high PSI and VERY carefull pull back on my AB's trigger to just let a fine spray come out.

I find it eliminated the splatter to a great deal.

Theuns
That's how I do it too.

I keep reading people advising low psi and highly thinned paint for mottling but that doesn't work for me at all. I thin my paint normally, as for spraying anything else, and spray at my normal psi which is around 35-40. Then, as you rightly say, it's down to fine control of the paint flow.

I've probably said this before but many airbrushes don't work properly at low pressures and the incomplete 'atomisation' of the paint is what causes the rough edges and splatter. Highly thinned paint usually causes 'spider webs' for me as well if attempting detail like mottling.

Cheers

Steve

T

T. van Vuuren

I use my "cheap" non-namebrand Chinese AB I bought for about 20 squidd, 0.25mm needle gives good results :smiling:

Theuns

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm loosing my mind, already commented on this!!!

Great job again