1/48 B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam'

F

Fenlander

Enjoy indeed. Lovely build Malgar. very nicely finished to. Must be quite a beast in 1:48 scale, thanks for sharing.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent B-24 Maglar, as Fenlander points out this must be one big bird.

I have been up close and run my hands along one of these in the Duxford USAAF Museum here in the U.K. It is one impressive machine.

Once again, congrats. on a nice job.

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work Malgar, you must be proud of your B-24 as she is beautiful. And i hope you have somewhere to put it with it being so big, i build 1:48 scale armour and i'm running out of space lol.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job maglar,well done. Nicely weathered too , heres to the next one. cheers tony

S

Sandman

1/48th Fightin Sam

Looks fantastic. I am about to attempt it also. I am adding the sperry ball turret ot my kit. The later D's had the ball and many were retrofitted in the field. My friends father was a top turret gunner on a B-24D, 15th AF, Italy, 1943-44. :smiling3:

Last edited:
M

Maglar

Thanks all!.. Yes she is big, I am working on a dio for it given the tow tractor and figures. When I complete that I will be sure to add the pictures to here.

Very interesting Sandman.. I did see the sperry turret 'outline' on my kite knowing that later versions and such carried it. The overall kit was nice for the price but the fitting of the clear parts was terrible, lots of PVA and the similar.

John, I know what you mean about space.. :sobbing:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I hope mine looks as good as that when I get round to it, though I'd be happy if it ends up half as good!

Gern

T

Triumph

Hi Maglar

Me again "Triumph" been following your build on another forum. Great job m8ty but hope you dont mind pointing out one thing you have done is the same as me on my build. That is to leave front wheel doors showing outwards. On theses Libs they opened inwards. Quick fix as I did it to mine. Cheers Peter

M

Maglar

Thanks Pete.. Your the only one to tell me over three forums!! Should take a mighty minute, pop out, CA, done. :smiling3: