1/48 Eduard MiG-21BIS

First Name
Jason
Hi All,

2016 has been a terrible year for modelling. This is just my second completed model of the year.

Here is Eduards fantastic MiG-21. It is the Weekend edition to which I added the Zoom PE set.
Panted with Tamiya and Mr Hobby Acrylics and weathered with washes and oils.

Here's hoping for a more productive 2017.

Thanks for looking.

Jason

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work jason , the paint is superb and its nice to see one in the hungarian scheme, must get mine finished off now, cheers tony

D

dubster72

That's a thing of beauty Jason! I love the worn, tired look of the tail & the subtle variations in the paintwork. It really gives it an authentic look.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. I love the distressed look. Was that done with the hairspray method ?

First Name
Jason
Thanks for the comments chaps

Very nice. I love the distressed look. Was that done with the hairspray method ?

I used the chipping fluid from Ammo this time but I've used hairspray before and it works pretty much the same Colin.

F

Fenlander

This is why I have given up trying to weather things. This is how it should be done, realistic, strong yet subtle. I never managed to get to grips with it but I love to see it done correctly like this.

First Name
Alex
That is very nice indeed, I hope to be able to achieve similar results some day

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Jason, great job, I too think that chipped weathering on the tail section is stunning. Great build.