1/48 Kitty Hawk F-101A/C

F

F-104nut

Hello all I am new to this forum. I build mainly WWII - Modern . I am a big fan of the P-47, and Century Series aircraft. This is the awesome Kitty Hawk F-101 . Not a bad kit at all and take just a little work to get together . I will be using the Eduard Color interior etch and Caracal declals .

Cheers Brian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice ! I always liked the look of the Voodoo , those wings look a bit Gerry Anderson! I'll be watching this one , cheers tony

F

F-104nut

Well kit cockpit is complete. Just need to assemble exhaust , paint nose gear base and nose gear strut. The brass gear is from G-Factor. Must have set of gear. Still need to figure what markings to finish her in :smiling3:

Cheers Brian

F

F-104nut

Well got quit a bit done this weekend. Rest of the photo etch on the KH interior is comeplete. The gun cover and bottom vent covers was a real pita. The Trumpeter 106 goes together allot better then the Monogram kit. There are a few areas that will require a little filler on the wing root area.

Cheers Brian

F

F-104nut

The trumpeter 1/48 F-106 is a really nice kit. Just requires a little filler on the wing root area. But still a much better fit then the old Monogram kit. Then i had to start a 1/48 Monogram F-101B.

Cheers Brian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I'm a little confused Brian , I thought I was watching a kitty hawk F101A , then an F106 appears , then it turns into an F 101B !!! If ive got this right , youve got 3 builds on the go at the same time , a Kitty hawk F101A , a Trumpeter F106 and a Monogram F101B ? I got a little concerned when I saw the decals for a 106 on the post for the Voodoo! Anyways its great to see these kits , like yourself I love the century series era of jets . Keep the updates coming , cheers tony