1/48 Tamiya A6M3/3a

R

Ray Scheller

I'm building the A6M2b and if my cockpit turns out half as nice I would be happy. Great build. Keep sharing your pics please as these are very similar planes.

Ray

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a great start the cockpit looks great, ;)

F

F-104nut

\ said:
The office looks insanely good.Pink primer?
Its how my cell phone takes pics. I still need to mess with is so with i take pics it dont look pink :smiling3:

Cheers Brian

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Its how my cell phone takes pics. I still need to mess with is so with i take pics it dont look pink :smiling3: Cheers Brian
I sometimes purposely use a pink primer if the colour of the plastic (eg. light grey) is near the primer colour (eg. Vallejo Grey primer). This makes it difficult to see exactly where I have sprayed and how thick. So I mix Vallejo grey primer plus a little red primer to make it visible. Weird but effective.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
maybe so Steve,but i do see the reasoning with it,as you are not doing to heaver of coats,

much like when painting the ceiling they use pint primer that turns white for the same reason, ;)

F

F-104nut

Pretty much all exterior parts are glued on. Not to start on engine and cowling. This kit i a blast to work on :smiling3:

Cheers Brian