1/48 Tamiya: Fw 190 F-8

B

BigZimmo

Hi folks!!

News from the Black Forest: Fw 190 F-8 in 1/48 scale. The kit comes from Tamiya and is really great. A good fit, nice details and many construction options.
Nearly built out of box. The antenna wire is made of stretchable yarn. I replaced the plastic gun barrels with cannulas and the pitot tube was once a pin.;)
Colors from Gunze, Vallejo and Revell. Weathering according to proven method: washing with dilute oil color and use of different pastel chalks.
My "Butcherbird" shows an aircraft of the "I./SG 2", Hungary, early 1945.

Fw 190 01.jpg Fw 190 02.jpg Fw 190 03.jpg Fw 190 04.jpg Fw 190 05.jpg Fw 190 06.jpg Fw 190 07.jpg Fw 190 08.jpg Fw 190 09.jpg

B

Builder

Excellent finish Stefan. Where do I start,
Superb work on the camo, getting those waves in place.
Very nice decals, and great finish on the canopy. Finally the base and figure really do make a great difference and bring it all to life.

D

Doug Hughes

That's a beauty, Stefan. The paint job is outstanding, and I always admire modellers who can do the spiral markings on spinners!. Great photos too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Outstanding stefan , the airbrush work on the camo is stunning ! Ive got the airfix 1/72 fw190 in this scheme in the stash , i dont think ill be able to do the camo anywhere near as good as yours! Cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Stefan. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try that camo free hand, but you've achieved a great result there.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
That is one awesome looking "butcher bird " truly amazing looking camo which is seldom seen ( you have a real talent there Stephan!!
Faultless production all round , something truly to be proud of

Well done

Regards

Robert

B

BigZimmo

Thanks for your comments, mates!!
Doug, to do the spiral markings on the spinner is really simple. At first the spinner is painted completely white. Next I have masked the spinner with Tamiya's new stretchable tape. And then I brushed the spinner completely black. Fianlly remove the tape and you have a white spiral marking.......you see, it's no witchcraft;)

Tony and Colin.....I'm so sure that if you build this 190, it would be an excellent model.:smiling3:

D

David 317

Brilliant paint work.
A solid build of one of my favourite German fighters.
D.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful build Stefan. I like that wavy camouflage effect, very nicely done.