1/48 ZERO WRECK.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys and gal. As daft as it seems the paintwork took ages.

First it was primed, then I used Alclad Ali, once this was dry I then used a black oil wash, really thinned down.

Once dry I used Aqua colour, greens, cannot remember off hand which colours, these were dabbed on and then sponged and dragged-I rubbed in places to get the ali to show through.

All together there is around 3 hours just in faffing with the paint! In contrast the board took me 40mins to do.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bunkerbarge

So if Pollux did another model of a wreck and it looked really good would that make Si's wreck look bad? But isn't that what you want the wreck to look like anyway so isn't that good? But if Pollux's weck wasn't as good as Si's that would be bad for Pollux, but isn't that what he would want for his model anyway? I'm going for a lie down.

Great model though Si, I really like the grass effect, can you run through how you achieved the result for us?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
So if Pollux did another model of a wreck and it looked really good would that make Si's wreck look bad? But isn't that what you want the wreck to look like anyway so isn't that good? But if Pollux's weck wasn't as good as Si's that would be bad for Pollux, but isn't that what he would want for his model anyway? I'm going for a lie down.
I am totally confused Richard...o_O

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great model though Si, I really like the grass effect, can you run through how you achieved the result for us?
Certainly Richard.

The board had a covering of PVA and normal, autumn grass added-this is the smaller variety, like Jarvis type, this gave the look of semi parched.

This was added to with various other scenic scatter to break up the board.

The long grasses are just paint brush bristles, again added by a dollop of pva, normally I would drill but the board was too thin, a good dollop worked and kept them in place, any excess glue was covered in scatter.

Once dry, I dolloped more pva on and added more autumn grass and scatter just to build up areas so it didn't look as flat.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Vey nice. top marks on the weathering of time on this aircraft. Is this the Tamiya kit?
No, it is a very old Monogram 1962 kit John, very basic and not a very good fitting kit either.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
We are going to have to rename you "Wreck it Si"!! ;) :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
stunning work looks quality just like its been left after the war top marks on this build

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta guys, glad you like it.

L

Laurie

Love it Si. Only you can do that. Now I can see an opportunity here. A model when the wreck was new ! :eek:

Love the word. I faff, we faff you faff we are all faffing. Dad used that word a lot to describe my faffing about. :P

So I will now go and faff about with the dinner I am cook to night. Poor Pauline. Shame. :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Now I can see an opportunity here. A model when the wreck was new ! :eek:
Er...no :P

\ said:
Love the word. I faff, we faff you faff we are all faffing. Dad used that word a lot to describe my faffing about. :P
It is a good word and it is something I do a lot of.

\ said:
So I will now go and faff about with the dinner I am cook to night. Poor Pauline. Shame. :smiling3:
Burnt salad again... :D