1/6 Saber Cafe Shop Maid

B

BT9154

Hey folks gonna post my WIP of my first resin kit.

So this resin kit thing kinda exploded on me, I bought this as my practice kit back in Feb this year and it kinda opened a whole new world of scale modeling for me. I've since bought over $1000 worth of kits within the past few months, I really hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

http://imgur.com/a/JjNBG

The kit was well cast and all joints are conveniently hidden behind the frills and stuff. The food stuff on the base was a great chance to experiment with bright colours as I've really only done tanks and cars so I rarely do bright pinks and blues. Lots of lessons learned on my first run at this like the importance of the undercoat and just how much it affects the colour going on top, I never ran into that issue with say a tank or a car where it all just a solid colour. Also with such odd shapes textures of each piece the importance of spray angle plays a big role on how the paint lands, already I've developed some techniques to take advantage of this seen in the ice cream swirl thing and the hair.

Anyway I tend to post updates weekly so see you all then

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very nice so far very well painted,

will look for your progress on this, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

Even Though I would not paint something like this,I can appreciate real nice paintwork such as you have done here.