1/72 Airfix Fw 190.....From Catalonia

T

T. van Vuuren

very cool Steve, seems like the decals went on OK?

I will have to get one of these kits for the stash....

Theuns

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers fellas.

Theuns, the decals went on very nicely, no problem at all. They were fine wit two or three doses of Microsol too.

Steve

S

steve scan

Really nice finish always was my favourite WW2 German fighter.

P

Polux

\ said:
Slapped some camo on. Done freehand sort of like Crandall's profile, sort of what I see in photos, nothing like the instructions.
Hi Steve.

I was taking a look at your thread, to learn and "copy" your build steps... :smiling3:

I understand is this the correct camouflage pattern (yours) and not the instructions one? Once painted is the same, just I have to add the winter camouflage over (Fw 190 F8 version), isn't it?

Thanks

Polux

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Polux, there were some variations in the scheme, but the one I've applied is certainly a correct one. You can apply this under the winter camouflage which, as you have figured out, was applied later.

Your F-8 is a late war version and some newer colours were certainly used on these. Late war camouflage is a complete minefield! Rather than the standard RLM 74/75, F-8s appeared in 75/83 and 81/82. Some fuselages got odd combinations (like 81/83 which is very low contrast and appears almost monotone in B+W photos) that didn't match the wings as by this time production was dispersed and the aircraft were assembled from sub-assemblies built in several different plants..

I would do the 75/83 scheme on your little aircraft as it looks good, with a bit of contrast between the colours which will show up under the winter camo.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

\ said:
I would do the 75/83 scheme on your little aircraft as it looks good, with a bit of contrast between the colours which will show up under the winter camo.

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve, thanks!!

Anyway I have a doubt...,sorry :oops:

I have the RLM75 Grauviolett (vallejo), and other RLM75 (Vallejo as well) German Grey...that's wrong, of course O_o

I have look for the RLM83, and I found this. Is correct?

Model Air 71011 - Tank Green FS34089-RLM83

71011 - Vallejo Acrylic Colour - Tank Green

I have to paint it on green?? O_o

And the last question. I have the blaugrau RAL7016 this one is correct for this plane?

Thanks for your help and time!

Polux

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The RLM 75 'grauviolet' is correct for one of the two upper camouflage colours. I can't say how accurate Vallejo's version is as I don't use their paints.

The Vallejo 71011 colour looks about right for RLM 83 which was a dark green colour.

The RAL7016 is a very dark grey (anthracite grey) which is probably okay as an equivalent for RLM 66, the cockpit interior colour.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Thank you very much for your help Steve!

And sorry if I have disturbed you! :eek:

Cheers

Polux

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Thank you very much for your help Steve!And sorry if I have disturbed you! :eek:

Cheers

Polux
No problem, and you certainly haven't disturbed me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lov the camo Steve,some think i like with the German grays,very well done, ;)