1/72 Bf 109 G-6/R6 3./JG 300 (AZ Model)

B

BigZimmo

Hi Guys!!!

This is my new Bf 109 G-6/R6 in 1/72 scale. It's the "Yellow 1" of the 3./JG 300, flown by Lt. Manfred Dieterle, Bonn Hangelar, Germany 1944.

AZ Model's new tools are really smashing. A good fit, nice details and many options on different versions.

This "Gustav" has an interesting camouflage scheme. The underside is completely black without a national insignia ("Balkenkreuz"). The top is painted in RLM 76 with meander stripes in RLM 75. The "Yellow One" is additionally armed with the "Rüstsatz 6" (R6). Two 20mm MG FF were mounted under the wings.

The nightfighters of JG 300 used a special method as a hunting tactic called "Wilde Sau".

That means that the anti-aircraft artillery lit up the clouds in the target area with light grenades and headlights during a bomber raid. Enemy bombers silhouettes stood out in front of this illuminated wall of clouds and could be fought on sight.

In my opinion this is currently the best kit of a Bf 109 G-6 in 1/72 scale.

Cheers

Stefan:smiling3:

Bf 109 JG 300.jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (1).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (2).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (3).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (4).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (5).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (6).jpg

Bf 109 JG 300 (7).jpg

Last edited:
P

Polux

The camouflage looks nice. Is a clean build ;)

Lovely photos in front the real hangar :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Stefan, very nice camo and over all, well done ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That looks fantastic Stefan. Funny you should post this now, I was reading about a bare-metal/unpainted Bf109G that was used to chase Mosquitos. Your overall RLM76 scheme reminded me of that.

T

treyzx10r

Superd looking Gustav Stefan! I have a hard time with antenae wire in 1/48 and you got it down in 1/72! Great job on the paint scheme,very nicely done Sir!

B

BigZimmo

Thank you......I'm glad that you like my little 109. :smiling3:

Leo, this is "AZ Model". As I said before...it's a smashing kit!! By the way...you get AZ Model at "karaya.pl". ;)

Trey ..... antenna wire ..... a subject in itself. In all scales I make the antenna wire from drawn sprue. And it's attached with "Bondic" liquid plastic that cures under uv-light.

:smiling3:

First Name
Mike
Wow, AZ Model must have improved their toolings since the last one I built, admittedly several years ago. That looks superb Stefan, excellent detail and a unique colour scheme.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Stefan

A really fabulous 109 G6. Those 'meander' stripes in 1/72 take some considerable airbrush skills to reproduce.

Well done sir, a medal for sure.

Paul

B

BigZimmo

\ said:
Hi StefanA really fabulous 109 G6. Those 'meander' stripes in 1/72 take some considerable airbrush skills to reproduce.

Well done sir, a medal for sure.

Paul
Hi Paul!!

Thanks....but the meander stripes were not applied by airbrush......I used a non-water soluble marker pen for it.....sometimes modellers have to trick somehow... ;)

:smiling3:

S

Skipper

Superb work. I have this one too. Lovely kit and u do perfect job :smiling3:

Odoslané z Galaxy Note 2