1:72 Fujimi RF-4C Phantom II

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
View attachment 16782View attachment 16781View attachment 16780View attachment 16779View attachment 16778View attachment 16777View attachment 16776

Finally finished a model. It was a quick build for me this one, just about 3 months ! Must try harder...

The Fujimi kit was very good at £10.00 from a show. No flash, good fit just a few minor things to sort out, but easily done. Cockpit is a bit bare, but not bad. I added a few bits in the 'office' but you can't see these with the canopies on. Another lesson learn't, photo the cockpit before attaching the canopies ! Overall, a nice kit - recommended. One question, does anyone know what the little tube (looks like a very small tube of glue) supplied in the kit is for ? I'm guessing something to do with attaching the canopies ?

I've finished the model with some pastels, The picture looking at the front of the model appears to have picked an area of light green on the top, near the tail. But you can't see this with the naked eye ?? Photography, another dark art to learn !

Regards

Colin M.....

View attachment 24835

View attachment 24836

View attachment 24837

View attachment 24838

View attachment 24839

View attachment 24840

View attachment 24841

Above rear.jpg

Underside (2).jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Camera effect.jpg

RHS rear.jpg

RHS.jpg

Above cockpit.jpg

F

Fenlander

That is a mean looking beast isn't it. Great paint job the green and tan colouring looks stunning, very nice build Colin. No idea what the tube could be though unless it says 'cement supplied' somewhere on the box.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This was the first time a I used the 'blu tack sausages' to the full. A lot of work with the three colours but it worked. Beast is a good word for the Phantom, probably my favourite jet, so much so, I might do another (oh hang on, the Vulcan is my favourite......!....) So the camera never lies - oh well, new glasses for me then !!

Regards

Colin m.....

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Caledonia

Hi Colin, you should be very proud of that one, looking at your photos I would have guessed it was a 1/48, so the detail and painting etc at 1/72 is superb. Very well done mate, keep the Jets coming. Cheers Derek

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's very nice - especially in such small scale. Keep up the good work.

Gern

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice Colin, very nice. Detail is great, i like to know how you "flyboys" get so much into a 1:72 scale model. Top marks mate.

Have fun, John

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thank you all for your kind words. Looking at the pic's there are things I could have done better. So, with that in mind I still don't think I can do my 1:48 Mosquito justice just yet (I've had it over a year now) so I'm on the look out for something else, maybe something with a bit of rigging this time !!

Regards

Colin M.......

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi colin, great job! The phantom has always been an impressive aircraft ,even more so in the vietnam era camo ,Youve done a lovely job on the cockpits too .well done keep em coming , cheers tony