1/72 Kawasaki Ki-48-I Type-99 Light Bomber

F

Fishbone

Hi guys, this is a very old kit which I get from a senior. Hasegawa 1/72nd scale.

The marking of 16th Light Bomber Air Combat Regimetnt, 3rd Company, Chōsen (now North Korea), Autumn 1941 - 1945. 川崎 九九式双発軽爆撃機 I 型 (キ-48-I)第16 軽爆撃戦空戦連隊,1941-1945 秋,朝鮮

Let's make it short here - I insist to try new methods and experiments on my every build, for this Ki-48-i, I tried to modify the flight control surfaces - flaps & ailerons to make them into like "flaps down". For the interior/cockpit, I sprayed with 40% Gunze 04 Yellow + 30% Gunze 309 Green FS34079 + 30% Gunze 310 Brown FS30219 (暗灰黃綠色, which recommend by Hasegawa). Masked all the clear parts after that & start the paintwork. Done painting & chipping on both propellers and engine crowling by Hairspray technique. For the fuselage - GAIA 032 Ultimate Black > Sunin S/Steel > Hairspray (decan & spray with 18 psi) > Gunze 130 Dark Green Kawasaki. Wash by different brushes, airbrush needle, pen-knife etc. For sure trials and errors during experiments.

I also spray a layer of very diluted Gunze 130 onto chipped area attempt to make peeling-off effect but not successful. Hand-painted anti-slip by AV Vallejo 70.950 Black, post-shading with very diluted Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black enamel paint to make it more nice I guess. For the diorama, I use a Styrofoam board at the size of approx. 15cm x 15cm. VERY simple Japanese style environment setting - sand-beige ground with some grass + Sakura trees. Looks a little empty on the right side of the diorama so I add a pilot from Hasegawa X72-8 WW-II Pilot set.

cover.jpg
IMG_1.jpg
IMG_2.jpg
IMG_3.jpg
IMG_4.jpg
IMG_5.jpg
IMG_6.jpg
IMG_7.jpg
IMG_2303.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2323.jpg
IMG_2331.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg

Thanks for dropping by, Cheers and enjoy the holidays - Christmas is just around the corner!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Kitti, I think some of the techniques look fantastic and the base realy sets it off completely. Once again great work.

D

Doug Hughes

That's lovely Kitti. There are some bold weathering effects there and they've worked very well. I also love the contrast between the weapon of war and the tree in blossom.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A happy coincidence ? Ki, I think is how the Japanese for Sakura is pronounced. Sakura, means cherry blossom, which we see here. Brilliant, I don't think I've ever seen such a connection between the model and its surroundings before. But yes, the model, very nice. You've certainly put some effort into the wear and tear on this aircraft.