1:72 P3 Orion by Hasegawa

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys,

I am almost finsihed with my P3 orion and so I though I would share a few photos. This is the model in which I demonstrated the automotive pinstripping for stripes on a model plane.

Anyway, I should have some better pics later when I am through with it.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

B

Bunkerbarge

Looking good Greg.

I've got to have a play around with taking photo's on my drive when I get home, it really does look amazing when you get the perspective just right. I'm just a bit worried though that the missis will run over my models or, even worse, my head!!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Bunker,

LOL the perfect murder huh? she could claim she didnt know ya was there.

Actually, I sometimes take photos of my models on the hood of my truck, laying the camera down in front of it to take the pics. This way, the tops of the bushes in the background dont seem so High in relation to the model, plus its a good flat surface to shoot on. Even if the hood is abit sloped, the camera will be resting on the slope too, so the pic will still come out "straight" or level.

Right now, with my messed up neck, I am having to use the "LCD viewer" on my camera to see where the model is in the frame since I cant get to ground level myself. And since I am basically looking down all the time right now anyway due to my neck, it works out fine lol.

Thanks for the kind words, Have a good day,

greg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Greg,the Orion is a great airplane,I was lucky a few months back to stand on the wing of the civil version the Lockheed Electra whilst it was on overhaul,the guide told me that it has one of the cleanest and most efficent aerodynamic wings of any prop liner,those mighty engines look powerful when you get up to them.

Nice paint job,interesting automotive stripes and above all great photography that we have come to expect from you,a very worthwhile subject for the collection.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys,

Thanks for the kind words Barry, it is much appreciated.

Well, I did it again, I am beginning to like this "night time" photography, its like a whole new world even though its same subject in the same location.....just different lighting.

So, its as finished as I am gonna get it tonight. Here it is:

Now maybe I can get a better start on my Handley Page Victor in 1:72 scale.

Between the Orion, the B 47 Stratojet, the C 130 hercules and soon, the Victor, I am gonna have to make room somehow....these models are fairly large.

Have a good day,

Greg

ps: note the lights lol.

K

kidsdr3

Greg, was the P-3 at kit? If so, can you advise me on how to get one, please and thanks. A cousin who flew P-3's for the US Navy just retired, and I am interested in honoring his service by building a model replica, from plastic or wood. Could even build from scratch with decent plans. Many thanks!

Michael

R

rjwood_uk

Hi gregg. loving the pictures. i love the bottom one of the day shot, i think you got the perspective just right there!!! loving the lights! was that just a photoshop edit after?

nice model there. dont worry about space. just take comfort in the fact you didnt decide to display all these models in 1/48!!!

Richard