1 72 scale british gun carrier dio

First Name
barry
Hi Guys latest dio, no rails this time . This dio was built using two retrokits resins and w-d figs and bike. which is amazing in this scale

This gun carrier was used in july 1917 in france the idea was to be able to carry large guns over rough ground easily, and remains the first self propelled vehicles as it could fire the gun from carrier but was more often dismounted at a firing point. the gun was carried on a sledge at the front and the wheels on the sides of the carrier it could carry a 60 pounder or a 6 inch gun, please forgive me all of you who know all this but thought it needed a little info.

The first pic shows the model as it would appear carying the gun but for my dio I decided to have the carrier at the firing point with the gun being lowered to the ground with one wheel attached and the other being brought round to gun also carrier being unloaded.

Hope you like, welcome any questions.

guncarriermkisz_1.jpeg

b r s p gun 001.jpg

b r s p gun 003.jpg

b r s p gun 006.jpg

b r s p gun 015.jpg

b r s p gun 018.jpg

b r s p gun 019.jpg

b r s p gun 021.jpg

b r s p gun 022.jpg

b r s p gun 009.jpg

b r s p gun 010.jpg

b r s p gun 026.jpg

b r s p gun 028.jpg

b r s p gun 042.jpg

b r s p gun 043.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Barry, I really like the subject;) Always wanted one of those carriers in 1/35. Again, great job................Jim:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

This is a stunning diorama Barry. Full of things going on yet well composed. A vehical I never knew existed in a scale that I couldn't imagine a scene like this being done so well in. Great work.

First Name
barry
\ said:
Great work Barry, I really like the subject;) Always wanted one of those carriers in 1/35. Again, great job................Jim:smiling3:
Thanks Jim, you could make a great dio with your dark way of building dios ,have not seen one in 1/35 though.....barry

First Name
Robert
Spent a while looking at all the things going on in this dio and there's so much in this dio you just don't catch everything first pass. I could say brilliant work in such a scale too but to be fair and honest it's just

AWESOME!!!

I'm definatly coming back to look in again this is really good

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

Great work on this Barry.

You really are good at working in this scale.

Top Notch.