1 72 scale dio w w 2...little and large.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
After yesterdays post of " too late" 23 views and not one comment either good or bad !!!. ( we sometimes need some incentive given on builds whether good or bad ).

I will try one more post ...... This is a dio of a german 10.5 cm gun on a B E F chassis left at Dunkirk. coming across a massive Russian K V 2 tank that's hit a mine .

I will try one101.JPG102.JPG103.JPG104.JPG105.JPG106.JPG107.JPG108.JPG109.JPG110.JPG111.JPG112.JPG113.JPG114.JPG115.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice work Barry a lovely diorama, both kits are very nicely done and the base really sets them off.
I've not seen "Too late" but I'm now off to take a look for it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I agree with Ian.
A very nice and well thought out scene.

You sound a bit miffed by the lack of interest in your offering from yesterday.....Take heart old lad, my current build has been going for a month, and I've had just 7 member's comments. It doesn't bother me 'cos that's how things are on S.M. these days......

Don't worry, builds go through on this forum like a dose of salts. Far too quickly for members to post on each and every build. Be patient, comments will come.

I'm afraid the 'Good Old Days' where members had plenty of time to comment / chat, and offer advise on each others stuff are long gone. It's all far too hectic now. A conveyor belt comes to mind!.........:sad: It's still the best forum, with the best members, mind!

So it's no wonder your builds are perhaps not receiving the attention they deserve. Just grin and bear it. - And make your models for the pleasure you get out of them.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Cracking builds there I agree with what Ron said. I barely have time to look at threads let alone build anything. Keep em coming cheers John

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent work Barry , as is your usual, you know I'm a big fan of your "Mighty Mites"
Folks should take the time to comment, after all why bother to post at all if one thought no one gave a damn.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Thanks for all comments guys .....Ron I see what you mean about about finding time to comment and it is a great forum .
But I also agree with Jim why bother to post if no one bothers to comment on build.

I agree with Ian.
A very nice and well thought out scene.

You sound a bit miffed by the lack of interest in your offering from yesterday.....Take heart old lad, my current build has been going for a month, and I've had just 7 member's comments. It doesn't bother me 'cos that's how things are on S.M. these days......

Don't worry, builds go through on this forum like a dose of salts. Far too quickly for members to post on each and every build. Be patient, comments will come.

I'm afraid the 'Good Old Days' where members had plenty of time to comment / chat, and offer advise on each others stuff are long gone. It's all far too hectic now. A conveyor belt comes to mind!.........:sad: It's still the best forum, with the best members, mind!

So it's no wonder your builds are perhaps not receiving the attention they deserve. Just grin and bear it. - And make your models for the pleasure you get out of them.

D

Doug Hughes

Sorry Barry - I was one of the viewers for 'Too Late' who didn't find/make time to comment. That was especially bad as I loved it. You hardly ever see 1/72 dioramas these days and you did a great job with a really interesting theme. I just make 1/72 aircraft on basic grass/carrier deck etc. bases, and your work is gently nudging me in the direction of including some figures, by showing it is possible to do great-looking figures in this scale.
I love this one too, especially the way you've 'mangled' the large Russian one (showing my ignorance of WW2 armour there!).

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Thanks for comments Doug .
There are good 1 72 scale figures around now.