1/72 Supermarine Spitfire PRXIX ( Airfix)

First Name
Robert
just finished for the weekend and thinking a little bit of relax and a quick kit to do.

As part of my Battle of Britain Memorial flight I had done this kit before, Pr19 "the last"

However the U/C legs got brittle and snapped.

I have got white metal replacements but can I find them ( nope )

So in my stash I had this kit bought a while ago and decided well why not replace the whole model. I have all weekend to do it, amongst other projects

Here's the pics up to now but still weathering of cockpit and more detail on the harnesses ( tamiya tape ones but it's cheaper option on such small scale. I will be using revell,tamiya, Vallejo paints and source the decals from my spares drawer ( ie PS915

I'll post more pics as the spit progresses

All comments welcome View attachment 109281

View attachment 109282

View attachment 109283

View attachment 109284

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Robert
Now the fun part, cockpit finished, sides joined ( love the tamiya thin ) hardly any gaps yo fill and seam lines ( not many addressed with squad green ( minimal) masked ready for tamiya XF-18. I have used maskol on cockpit glass as tamiya tape a bit tricky to mask ( I find Msskol easier then touch up if when removed.pre shading done via brush but now A/b for main View attachment 109313

View attachment 109314

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good-I always like the idea of doing aircraft and love to see builds-unfortunately me and aircraft do not have a loving relationship lol.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Looking good-I always like the idea of doing aircraft and love to see builds-unfortunately me and aircraft do not have a loving relationship lol.
Pray tell more?

Robert

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Pray tell more?
Robert
What do you want to know...that I hate making aircraft-just cannot get to grips with them.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looking good Robert, I'm currently building an Eduard mk IXc in 1:48 and it's going together real nice, a cracking little kit if spitfires are your thing

First Name
Robert
\ said:
What do you want to know...that I hate making aircraft-just cannot get to grips with them.[/quote
\ said:
What do you want to know...that I hate making aircraft-just cannot get to grips with them.
Hi SI

Everyone has there own ideas when it comes to modelling and what they feel good at etc. I didn't make armour really until I tried the odd armoured car etc.

My point was not to offend, over the past few months I have seen some amazing pieces of work on view here and it has inspired me to improve on my skills.

When I see a particular model built by someone I then think what else could they turn there talents to, that was all I thought

Regards

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks really good Robert. Looks to be a very nice kit. You're making speedy progress.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
That's a great little kit Robert, I hope you enjoy building it ... again!
Mine was the 2nd aircraft I attempted (don't ask about the first!)

View attachment 120049

Cheers

Patrick
Hi Patrick

Like the way you've done the prop blades as in motion ( can you share hoe you did that ( may use on the BBMF Lancaster B111 in my part built stash

Kind regards

Robert