1/72 Trumpeter T62 {ST}

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Richard - crossed posts. There may be paint later tonight.......

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Simon,
Good to see your getting closer to the finish line and some great additions as is your style:thumb2:
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
OOOOH! That is really nice.:cool: An extra drain plug on the fuel tank sums up your wonderful attention to detail. Another valuable lesson learnt. Many thanks
Steve

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Super detailing. Each little thing is reproduced. Look forward to the painting.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
PAINT !!!!!
Stand by, drum roll ................

John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks everyone - afraid there is no paint yet

Found a few more bits to add - a vent slot at the lower rear edge of the turret and the mounts for the stowage boxes

I think this time it is ready........

T

TonyBv9

Incredible work. Have you got a real one in your back garden that you're getting all the detail from?

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Wish I had - that would be great Tony :smiling3:

t62-064_2018-5-13.jpg t62-065_2018-5-13.jpg t62-066_2018-5-13.jpg
We have a light coat of Halfords primer to tie it all together - hope to get some green on there in the morning

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Plastic meets paint at the Mr T house....for those not in the know, this is cause for celebration :smiling:
Look forward to see how the paint goes...good luck
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ah! The paint has arrived. Looking forward to seeing how you paint tracks on wheels. Far to complicated for me
Steve

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
As Si alluded to me getting paint onto anything tends to be a bit of a miracle as I generally prefer the building phase, but not today.....

Ta da - we have paint

IMG_1819.JPGIMG_1818.JPGIMG_1820.JPG

Tamiya IJN Green which is almost black, followed by NATO green and then two coats lightened with white for a bit of tonal variation

The whole thing then got a coat of AK ultra Matt, the mattest matt I have ever used

Next stage is AK worn effects and a sand top coat......

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Next stage completed

t62-070_2018-5-14.jpgt62-071_2018-5-14.jpgt62-072_2018-5-14.jpg

It got a good coat of AK Worn Effects followed by Tamiya Buff and a couple of coats of buff lightened with white

I was going to come back to it and start wearing away at the finish but I fell asleep again (which is why I am posting this at silly o'clock in the morning)

Hopefully I will get a chance to attack it after work

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work with the painting Simon, being new to your way of building, I don't know what it is but I'm getting a small hint that you don't normally get to paint kits that often. :smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excitement ! The flags were raised here at Race Towers upon this momentous occasion.
Looking fine Simon, I like the use of a white coat certainly works.
How do you function on such a broken sleep pattern ?
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Paintwork looks good. Not come across AK Ultra Matt. Is it more matt than Testors Dull Cote? Hope the worn effects works.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Simon
Paintwork looks good. Not come across AK Ultra Matt. Is it more matt than Testors Dull Cote? Hope the worn effects works.
Jim
Excuse me Simon ,
Morning Jim .
Tis a great varnish, and flat. I've never used a Testors but when I came across this I was impressed ,as flat a finish as you would want .
John

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ian - :smiling5:

John - the primer colour doesn't really matter as I always use a dark colour over the top as a base coat. It could equally have been grey but I only have white at the moment. The broken sleep is getting rather annoying - I get to bed anywhere from about 00:30 to 05:00. As a result I have trouble getting up and I am late for work nearly every day and have to work lunch time to make up :sleeping:

Jim - Dull Cote is one I haven't tried but the AK is acrylic and matter than a matt thing. Sprays nicely from the bottle without thinning

Well, before I fell asleep again I managed to attack it with water, brush and cocktail sticks to give this.......

t62-073_2018-5-15.jpgt62-074_2018-5-15.jpgt62-075_2018-5-15.jpg
the effect I was looking for was the kind of typical worn finish that results from a badly prepared quick overspray of the factory green - I think it worked reasonably well, what does anyone else think? Too much, not enough, just right??

I think I prefer AK worn effects as it gives more predictable results compared to hairspray, in my hands anyway

First Name
Wouter
Good Morning Simon,

This is a nice build coming together. The chipped paint looks good. I heard several times that people preferred AK worn effects in stead of regular hairspray so might try that out. Looking forward to see the weathering.

Cheers