1/8 citroen V8 traction maybe?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all some of you may remember this

wqovph.jpg

103hmxs.jpg

Well I did it originally purple and gold but the sun turned the gold to chrome and I hated that sooo, I thought I would try and give it a second chance.

It's going (if my skills are up to it) get this in it

20svgr6.jpg

ael92s.jpg

It means a LOT of work (gearbox tunnel to say the least)

Encase anyone has not seen this beast before on top is a 1/32 humber snipe I'm working on.

15yx6l5.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've made a start on this

op8e95.jpg

97seo5.jpg

And can you guess what this will be.

4sbacl.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can now remember this one Ken, nice to see you bringing this one back to life. A great idea, and some great work so far.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I will have to move the battery (Not sure where maybe the boot)I think I may be able to shoe horn it in.

346rsr7.jpg

2qaijpx.jpg

w0hs8w.jpg

eq73n7.jpg

1zq55cy.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been messing about with wheels just can't decide does this look ridiculous
103gysh.jpg

205qs0j.jpg

I really like the small wheels at the front but the rear (although bigger) I think don't look right in the wheel arches (of course I could remove the wheel arches)
Or if I mix wheel rims what about this
n2d55h.jpg

Or keeping the same rims (Still smaller at the front)
e8uxzt.jpg

There is surprisingly very little difference on ground clearance at the front considering how much bigger these wheels are
2j0m9on.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well my soldering is world famous for being abysmally poor so here is my best effort at the headlight bar.

25gxdlg.jpg

I've installed the engine and radiator also done the wheels with the large at the front and small at the rear. Loads of connections still to me made to the engine and got to figure out the exhaust system.

168y2di.jpg

1zyymv8.jpg

nlaemx.jpg

sdcmea.jpg

2pz0bgp.jpg

dq2k3m.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ken just caught up on this one. some great work on the engine. I really like the look of the wheels on the next to last photo's of the Saturday 14 April posting. Although this post may be a little too late form that question. Great work and keep it up.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing I want to change the shape of the cars roof first I thought of removing the roof completely and cutting the door pillars to level with the top of the doors.

xkso6q.jpg

of6ohj.jpg

As you can see I can't do that as the top hinge for the doors is incorporated in the door pillars, then I thought of cutting the rear pillar off level with the base of the rear window but I can't do that as there will be an ugly step at the back, what should I do.

105xp49.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Ken,
Being new here on SM I must admit that your style of posting is utterly fascinating. I have never seen anyone go through the steps just like one does on a real auto motor swap. I can't help you with the body chop idea as I have no clue about these things. I would like to ask who makes the 1/8 Citroen and also all the 1/8 tires and parts. You seem to have quite a stash of them. Will follow this if I may. Truly a great Project!!!
Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Like Allen I'm another MilMod refugee. We never had anything like this there :smiling: I think it's great. Truly a one off. By the look of your bench in the early photos you are happy to build a variety of things. Even a glass of beer to keep you going - or maybe it's Coke :tongue-out:
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Allen, Jim, welcome to the forum yep I just build what takes my fancy the Citroen is from Heller (it's an utterly amazing kit 1154 parts) the detail is incredible this is my third version of it and I have a forth in mind the kit is 143 quid but believe me it's money well spent I recently finished the pocher 1/4 Ducati with the upgrade kits it came to 750 quid and the Heller kit is at least twice as detailed (even with the upgrade kits for the pocher I still had to scratch build loads of missing details) the wheels are from a 1/8 Revell Ford coupe.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi ken,
Another raw recruit here. I’m utterly amazed at your awesome project.....looks like you had a lot of fun tinkering and making this build your own. Fascinating :thumb2:
Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Ken,
I had no idea that Heller or Revell made large scale kits, only Pocher. and they were always stupid expensive in price. BTW, super soldering job! I have tried it and the best I can do is burnt fingers........
Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I thought I would weld the doors shut and de-seam it
1pbgqt.jpg

ycqdu.jpg

289gdw5.jpg

okpq3a.jpg

As you can see from the last pic it was a huge mistake it will need a load of sanding and resanding to get anything like a smooth finish (and that's before any custom paintwork)
Anyway I couldn't resist trying it on the chassis, I must say I'm quite excited I think it looks great, at least it's a good framework for a great hot rod.
2qu3ryr.jpg

wlunuo.jpg

2h749wl.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You're really going to town this time Ken. I think I liked it better with the lid on but it has saved me having to try explain how to chop a roof. It's not a simple cut and shut job!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Really looking the part. Vroom, vroom - the fastest Citroen on the planet :smiling:
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well paint job is done (needs a few clear coats and rubbing down to smooth it) I quite like it.

2rqj4h5.jpg

dpz8uo.jpg

15frntx.jpg

2aka8oo.jpg

kd2yr7.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all just a quick update before we're off on our hols I've fabricated the exhausts for it.
f9e8wm.jpg

w6z7vc.jpg

2cp28ph.jpg